Babies: 0 - 3 Months

How much weight did your newborn gain in month 1?

DD is a chowhound and I am producing well (maybe 7 oz of pumping in 5 minutes at night). She is gaining a lot of weight and growing so quickly. I think this is perfectly fine and it's a sign that she's healthy but I am more curious than anything about how your newborns grew. 

She regained her birth weight within 4 days (she lost 5 oz), gained 9 oz within the next 4 days, 10 oz within the next 9 days, and then another 9 oz within the last 4 days again. Basically within 3 weeks she's gained 2 pounds.

So happy to have a healthy girl, especially going into flu season! Pedi said 1 oz/day is ideal but DD is averaging a bit more. In your experiences, is this just a growth spurt or have any of your LO's continued at this pace?

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: How much weight did your newborn gain in month 1?

• There is a growth spurt from 1-3 weeks.  DS weighed 15 lbs. 10 oz. at 2 months 3 weeks.
  • At birth he weighted 9lbs 1 oz. when we left the hospital he was 8.14 then 3 days later he was 9.7 at his 1 month appt he was 12.6

He is very tall 24 inches long and eats like a champ. 

• Loading the player...
  • He was 5.14 at birth, down to 5.7 on day 2, back up to 5.10 at 5 days, and 8.12 at 1 month appt. So, almost 3 pounds.
    Um, yeah. The Bump be too crazy for pics of my kid.
  • We had some feeding issues and tummy problems during the first month so DD only gained 3 ounces between birth and one month (she was 6.10 at birth, 6 when we left the hospital and 6.13 at one month). She was 9lbs. 6oz. at 2 1/2 months and then put on 5 pounds before her 4 month check-up (which was only about 7 weeks later) so she's all caught up now :)
  • I just weighed dd today and she was 9.5lbs, when she was born she was 6lbs 15oz, she also eats like a champ.
  • DS was 9 lbs. Lost 1 pound then at 1 month appointment weighed 10 lbs 7 ounces. So 2 lbs 7 ounces is what he gained total. Sounds about right. I wouldn't worry about weight.. as long as they are hitting their developmental milestones. 
  • Our DS was 7.1 at birth and 6.12 when we left the hospital.  At one month he was up to 10.4....this kid can eat!!!  :)
  • RJ is a big eater as well and has gained a lot of weight.

birth: 6lbs 13oz
    1 day: 6lbs 8.8oz
    19 days: 8lbs 2oz
    1 month 5 days: 10lbs 2.5oz

He will be 8 weeks on Thursday and around 12lbs already!! He is getting SO big, outgrew NB size in less than 3 weeks and wearing 3m now O_O Where did my tiny newborn go? (and to think that he was tiny even though 6 days overdue) 

imageimageBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • DD was 5lbs15oz at birth, and at her 1month check up weighed 9lbs8.5oz.
  • My little guy was 9 lb 6 oz and 22 1/2 inches at his 1 month. He was born at 6 lb 7 oz and 19 1/2 in and went down to 6 lb 2 oz when he left the hospital. He just recently gained almost two pounds in the past week and a half (growth spurt!)...he was 10 lb 12 oz at the dr yesterday (7 weeks old)...the NP said that this much weight gain was fine, even though I thought it was a lot- she said BF babies gain weight fast :)
  • S was born at 6lbs 10oz came home at 6lbs 11.5 oz (i know he gained!) and weighed 10lbs .05oz at 1 month.

J was born at 6lbs 3oz came home at 6lbs 13oz (3 weeks later) and weighed 7lbs 11oz at 1 month.

• DS at birth - 8 lbs. 1 ounce

DS at discharge - 7 lbs. 6 ounces

At 1 week check up - 7 lbs. 9 ounces

At month check up - 10 lbs. 9 ounces

so about 3 lbs. the first month

• Thanks girls! I love seeing all of these healthy babies!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"