3rd Trimester
Options

Wishful thinking or real contractions?

I've realized that I wasn't exactly told by my doctor when to go to L & D.  I just kind of assumed that I would know.  I've been having contractions (stomach tightening plus mild cramps and back pain) every 4 to 5 minutes for about an hour and a half.  It is definitely not the unbearable, take-your-breath-away kind that I've heard my friends talk about.  I could very easily still carry on a conversation.  What do we think? 

Re: Wishful thinking or real contractions?

• Options
    I would go to labor and delivery if I were you, just so they can check you out. Good luck!
  • Options
    they could be real. I guess I'd try to lay down and see if they space out more or get stronger
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I personally would wait a little while. Unless your hospital is really far away, it's usually better to labor at home where you are comfortable for a while.
    Hatching the Hawks
    Hatching the Hawks
    BabyFruit Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    call your doc and see what he says. i had that happen on friday night, lasted for 5 flippin hours. take a warm shower and lay down...see if it slows down...if it gets more intense then go in...
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options

imagetak2002:
    I personally would wait a little while. Unless your hospital is really far away, it's usually better to labor at home where you are comfortable for a while.

This. Because once you reach the hospital they make you lay down and strap monitors to you. This can slow down progress. It's best to arrive around between 6-7cm. So definitely drink water and walk! See if they intensify.

BabyFruit Ticker
    Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
  • Options
    My vote would be try to take a shower and/or try to go to bed.  If they keep coming with the same regularity, call or go in.  I had pretty much the same thing going last night- they were every two or three minutes when I was walking- but they slowed way down once I went to bed, and today it's been just my regular BHs :(
    imageBaby Birthday Ticker TickerBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"