3rd Trimester
Options

Souffle=raw egg, right?

I feel so stupid for being paranoid about this but the worrier in me just can't help it. So we have these mini tarts that we bought from the frozen food section. Half of the are tarts are pecan pies and the other half are chocolate souffle. The directions say you can let them thaw at room temperature or you can stick them in the oven for 5 minutes. I was impatient for either option so I ate 3 of the chocolate souffle tarts straight out of the freezer--soo good! After I ate the 3rd one I thought to myself "wait, doesn't souffle mean raw egg?". Now I'm worried even though I'm 99% sure baby will be ok. Hasn't it been awhile since I've been in the 1st tri????

TTC#1=Feb 2009: 50 mg Clomid+Ovidrel shot+Metformin+Dexamethasone+TI=BFP!
Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

TTC#2=July 2011: Surprise BFP: Chemical Pregnancy

Re: Souffle=raw egg, right?

• Options
    I have no idea if it has raw eggs, but even if it does I am sure they are pasteurized and you should be fine. If you get sick, your in a good place being full term. They could just deliver baby
  • Options
    Not usually I think a typical souffle contains  whipped eggs that are then cooked in a water bath in the oven.
    ~Kati~ Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Nope.  You're fine.
    imageBaby Birthday Ticker TickerBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    Souffle's are usually cooked...I think you'll be ok. I've had a few scares like this in 2nd and 3rd tri... stuff I probably shouldn't have eaten but did anyway.. and the baby is fine!
  • Options
    A souffle is baked in the oven so the eggs in it are?definitely?cooked.
  • Options

imageheather121709:
    A souffle is baked in the oven so the eggs in it are?definitely?cooked.

This.?

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Fourth Birthday tickers Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options
    imageGreenEyedGal:

I feel so stupid for being paranoid about this but the worrier in me just can't help it. So we have these mini tarts that we bought from the frozen food section. Half of the are tarts are pecan pies and the other half are chocolate souffle. The directions say you can let them thaw at room temperature or you can stick them in the oven for 5 minutes. I was impatient for either option so I ate 3 of the chocolate souffle tarts straight out of the freezer--soo good! After I ate the 3rd one I thought to myself "wait, doesn't souffle mean raw egg?". Now I'm worried even though I'm 99% sure baby will be ok. Hasn't it been awhile since I've been in the 1st tri????

This is such a ridiculous thing to worry about.  I eat cookie dough all the time which I know contains raw eggs.  The baby and I are fine.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    they're probably pre cooked. and even if they arent im sure the 3 mini souffles you ate dont cont enough raw egg to do anything..
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"