Toddlers: 12 - 24 Months
Options

RR/RW Challengers, do these people not have jobs YET?

Flipping the channels and I just saw that there is yet another Real World/Road Rules challenge show on AGAIN with like the same contestants.  It seems like these competitions are like the contestants full time jobs.  There are people on this show that were probably on the Real World/Road Rules more than 6 years ago.

Re: RR/RW Challengers, do these people not have jobs YET?

• Options
    I know, that always runs through my mind too... I bet it's like summer camp to them.?
  • Options

And the last time, MJ was competing and they said he had a baby at home, with a 2nd one on the way.  What are the chances, really, that you're going to win any money on that show?  No way in hell would I let my DH go on something like that.  Not with those crazies.

Just get a damn job already and stop re-living the glory days  :)

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    imageShell24:

And the last time, MJ was competing and they said he had a baby at home, with a 2nd one on the way.  What are the chances, really, that you're going to win any money on that show?  No way in hell would I let my DH go on something like that.  Not with those crazies.

Just get a damn job already and stop re-living the glory days  :)

I'm sure they get paid for their appearances. As for the post itself, a lot of these people do club promotion type stuff, so it basically is their job.

• Options

Why get a real job when they make all sorts of money touring and speaking?  I know on some reality shows (like Amazing Race) they make money no matter when they get eliminated.  The longer they stay, the more $$ they get, of course, but everybody gets something.  I bet RR/RW is the same. 

I think it's kind of boring how they keep the same people on the show all the time.  I wish they mixed it up a little more.

Lilypie First Birthday tickers Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options

Hmmm..I'm going to have to ask about this money thing then.  I know Mallory, who was on the RW Paris.  Her brother is a great friend of mine.  I think she was only on one challenge, but she still keeps in touch with a few of those people. 

I just don't see MTV paying per episode, even after they've been eliminated.  And how much money could a 20 something who was on an MTV show get for a speaking engagment?  When the example they set on the show was for drinking, partying and fighting?  I don't see it being enough to support yourself, but maybe I'm just naive about how much these nimrods could potentially earn.

• Options
    imageShell24:

Hmmm..I'm going to have to ask about this money thing then.  I know Mallory, who was on the RW Paris.  Her brother is a great friend of mine.  I think she was only on one challenge, but she still keeps in touch with a few of those people. 

I just don't see MTV paying per episode, even after they've been eliminated.  And how much money could a 20 something who was on an MTV show get for a speaking engagment?  When the example they set on the show was for drinking, partying and fighting?  I don't see it being enough to support yourself, but maybe I'm just naive about how much these nimrods could potentially earn.

Its club promotions that they go to. I know in college 3 of the people from these shows came to a club here and the manager was saying they got like $5000 each for a one time appearance. Then I remember reading they get like $10K to go on the shows. Not too bad for a 20 something. I mean if they do 3 appearances in a month that's $15Kx12+$10K=$190K

• Options
    Hey get paid to be on the show just like people on the Amazing Race, Survivor, Wife Swap, etc get paid. On Wfe Swap each family gets paid $20k. To the people who do the challenges over and over and over this is their job. From what I remember dh reading once they make pretty good money so why not if it supports their family. I wouldn't mind making $10k to be on womthkng like that. I can't remember if it is per show or not though
  • Options
    imagemisjenn:
    imageShell24:

Its club promotions that they go to. I know in college 3 of the people from these shows came to a club here and the manager was saying they got like $5000 each for a one time appearance. Then I remember reading they get like $10K to go on the shows. Not too bad for a 20 something. I mean if they do 3 appearances in a month that's $15Kx12+$10K=$190K

HOLY CRAP!!!  ***. I need to find a way to become an MTV reality prodigy and earn 15 freaking k a month.  But I'm going to be 30...I think my prime is over LOL

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"