Infertility

my FIL....ugh!!!!

my FIL told me today that it was my SIL's b-day ooops I forgot my bad. He said she was turning 40..."wow how time fly's by, how old are you?" he asks I say 'Almost 32" he knows that we want #3 and obviously we are having issues since I'm not pg and we have been trying for 3 years. He then says to me "Well looks like you are way to old for #3 now anyway" WTF!!!! I wanted to punch him right in the nostril....F-off I just walked away I felt like giving him a piece of my mind but I knew that not a single nice word would accompany the many expletives that I wanted to shout at him and probably not appropriate at my sons football practice...grrrrrrrrrrrr. Some people just need a permanent piece of duct tape over their mouth!!! I can't wait to tell DH!!!

Re: my FIL....ugh!!!!

• I am impressed you were able to hold back. I might have hauled off on the guy given my current drug induced hormonalness. Good Job, I'm sorry you had to listen to that.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Um ok wow!....my FIL had a moment like this too....thank goodness he didn't say it to me...

My SIL's DH is military and they were at an event before he depolyed that FIL and MIL accompanied them to. They had brochures on different services for the families while the loved one was deployed...and one of them was about having children while deployed. FIL picked it up and handed it to SIL saying "Here maybe this will tell you what to do so I can have a grandchild!"

I would have beat him right there....SIL was hurt big time (she's dealing with IF too.)

After she told me about it I later tried to talk to FIL and explain that the comments would need to stop (I myself had gotten a few), I was a little more tactful then SIL would have been and I think he got the message.

TTC #1 since 4/2007... MFI (low motility/low Testosterone) & PCOS IVF #1 August 2010...BFP 1st sono shows TWINS!!!! Due May 23rd 2011 Ruptured @ 21 weeks (Jan 13) Delivered 26 weekers (Blake and Addison) on Valentine's Day... Keeping faith and praying, God has a plan and we just have to learn to follow. Our Blog ... ourvalentinesdaysurprise.blogspot.com Lilypie Premature Baby tickers
  • Loading the player...
  • Indifferent wow.  some people are so ignorant
    S/PAIFW
    Tara & Dave - TTC since September 2006
    PCOS - dx 1999 (amenorrhea) | freakishly long fallopian tubes
    Hypoglycemic | thyroid issues | severely anemic
    Multiple Clomid cycles of 50, 100, 150 - absolutely no response
    Follistim 50/100 | Follistim 75/125 | Follistim 100/150 IUI - all BFNs
    Converted IVF - BFP - m/c | FET - BFN | IVF #2 = BFN
    IVF #3
  • I am only 27 and my MIL said to me that my husband's sister was SO OLD when she had her second child at 27, and how could anyone wait until they were 27 to have kids !?!?!?!

My husband and I weren't even married until I was 26 and we've been trying since last December when I turned 27. But I feel awesome now, thanks mom-in-law.

After 2 losses, IVF #2 brought us our little boys.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Now we're waiting on our miracle baby ... a little GIRL!!!

BabyFruit Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"