Success after IF
Options

***Davez & Denvergrl**

Thanks for your response on my discipline post---

how in the world do you ladies actually keep your daughters still in a 'time out''?  I know they are older than Luke, but if I sat him down somewhere and told him that it was timeout he would so not get it!  maybe its a girl thing?I will definitely try the pack n play as a time out option. 

I swear I give him very stern "no"'s sometimes and he really thinks its a joke or straight up ignores me.  I know he is testing the waters, but I have no other way of getting him to stop except for pulling him off.  He is very clearly and intentionally doing it on purpose....sigh

Severe MFI resulting in IVF/ICSI #1 in Nov 2007. BFP!!
Our beautiful son was born July 2008.
2010: 2 IVF's,1 FET = 2 BFN's, 1 c/p :(
Feb 2011-Unmedicated FET= BFP!! DS #2 born Oct 2011!!.

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Re: ***Davez & Denvergrl**

• Options

sorry, I'm butting in, but my 18mo old doesn't like sitting in time out either.  I plop her in the corner and I hold her.  Not restrain by any means, but I find if I hold her hands the rest of her calms right down and stays put.  I've been trying to let go more and more but she wiggles immediately so I hold her hands to make her stay.

GL!  The initial "no is funny" phase didn't last long in my house

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options

two words: stink eye.

I reserve the stern face for when I really mean it. I won't pretend she sits there and does not move (although today she did, and it was WEIRD) but she knows she done me wrong, and feels bad. I tend to go about 10 seconds past her breaking point, no sense pushing it.

They have REALLY short attention spans at this age. And she's actually IN time out about twice a week, if that. I really save it for when it matters. She's very strong-willed. I pick my battles.

Seriously, try removing the stuff they get in trouble for. Life is so much happier when they have nothing to get into. ;-)

Join us - Commit Random Acts of Kindness, and say "I did it for Cricket" Cricket's Cadence
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

I just started their time outs a month ago so right now I have to sit with them.  I put Sophie or Hannah in a corner and sit two feet away.  When they get up and try to leave I put my hands up and stop them and say "No you are in time out".  They can stand, sit or lay down.  When I started doing time outs they learned very fast that it's not fun.  

By the way, Sophie (who is my biggest trouble maker) laughs when I say no.  For example, when I tell her not to hit the window with a toy.  I say "not the window" and she laughs.  I say "I'm going to take your toy if you do it      again".  She looks at me, hits the window once, then runs away squealing.  Good times. 

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"