Austin Babies

in need of dust

So, I really need some good thoughts--things will get better dust.

Here's the semi-short story.  DH was "laid off" and not sure if he will be able to get unemployment.  We will have to put DS onto my health plan.  Well, that bumps my plan up by more than double what I am already paying.  Even though I got my step raise for teaching, and that "big" pay increase by the state (I'm sorry, but 800 a year does not cut it--that's what 66$ a month...) 

Anywho, I know we are about to start fighting about money (if tonight's little blow-out is an indicater of what is to come).  I just need some positive dust that things will get better.  That he will find a job.  That we won't have to eventually put the house on the market.  That we won't have to take DS out of daycare.  That I won't have to start wearing my nightguard again because I clench my teeth due to stress.  Any dust would help.

TIA

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: in need of dust

• lots and lots of dust to you. ?I hope things get better soon.
    the bug & bee blog
    (read it. you know you want to.)
    anderson . september 2008
    vivian . february 2010
    mabel . august 2012
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Lots of job dust to your DH and tons of **everything get better** dust for your family!!
  • Loading the player...
  • Tons of dust!! What kind of job is your DH looking for?
  • lots and lots of dust coming your way.  I know what it's like and you will get through this!
  • Good luck - I hope things start looking up soon!!
    Pregnancy Ticker

Kennedy Clover 7.14.08, Atalie Ryan 1.25.10
  • Sending tons of ***all-purpose dust*** your way!
  • Been there and just getting out of it myself... it sucks! Lots of ~*~*no teeth clenching dust~*~*~*
  • *lots and lots of dust* hope things turn up for you!
  • Sending lots of ***positive dust** your way!!!
  • Tons of dust (although you might not want dust from me...I seem to be bringing luck, just not GOOD luck...Wink).

Seriously, I hope everything works out!

• I'm sorry things look so bleak right now. Lots of dust headed your way that things will turn around soon.
    Dear Bump: You suck.
  • Ugh.  Hope things turn around soon for you. 
  • Sending tons of good luck dust your way!
    Business Cat. image
  • I am so sorry. I totally understand the stress. DH has been through 2 layoffs since June '08. This one has lasted since January. I will send lots of dust your way!
    Kimberly, DH Monte, Angel baby 10/06, Angel twin 7/07, Rhett Kaden, our IVF miracle, born 3/23/08, Mason Robert & Wyatt David, our FET miracles, born 8/2/09 at 36 weeks, 3 days
    Our Blog

• Lots of dust and prayers for you! 

FWIW...I have been in a similar situation.  DH wasn't laid off.  However, he lost 30% of his pay last year (all of his bonuses and part of his salary were cut) right after I had decided to sell my company and work less (so I wasn't bringing in swat either).  And the secondary work he had that paid our health insurance ceased as well.   

It was very stressful.  But what we decided was that material things were not worth the health of our relationship.  We sold our house (the one DH built himself that we adored).  We downsized my very nice car to a base model Chevy Malibu (that I actually happen to love now).  We moved to Houston b/c it was much easier for him to find a job and a house we could afford.  We cut over $1200 out of our expenses - just buy downsizing our quality of home and car.  And it was totally and completely worth it.  I can enjoy life so much more now b/c I'm not stressing about where we are going to find the $ to make the mortgage. 

We didn't give it very long in Austin after the cuts happened.  They started in the fall and we put our house on the market in April.  But we did that on purpose.  We looked at our finances and said "if this house isn't sold by June, we are going to have to go into debt to keep it."  We had already pulled ourselves out of a LOT of debt (think 60K paid off in 2 years)...thank goodness.  And we didn't / don't want to go down that path again.

My point:  Hang in there!  Try not to turn on each other.  And at the end of the day ... if you have to sell your house and/or your car:  it's only sticks and bricks.  Or steel, plastic, and rubber. 

• lots of **everything will work out dust** coming your way!!

Not to say it doesn't really suck that you are in the position you are in, but there are so many people out there right now dealing with the same things and we all make it through. Just keep your head up and try to let this bring you and DH together to get through this rather than going against each other. Everything will work out the way its supposed to - whether its the way we think it should or not. And for me its hardly ever the way I think it should be Stick out tongue. Good luck! 

• Dust to you.  I hope your husband finds something soon!
    Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • I'll send you some dust too.  It will eventually work out and I second pp, it pretty much never works out the way I think it will, but often times its even better!

Communicate with each other, your feelings, your frustrations, your happy moments and be dedicated to your relationship with a whole new perserverance!  You are in this together and you will be fine!

• i'm so sorry you're dealing with this.  my H is unemployed too, and i know how hard it can be.  hang in there and i hope your husband finds something soon.
  • Tons of dust to you all!  My mantra lately has been "This too, shall pass."  Maybe it'll help you out too.  Also, you should post on the main board about the type of job your DH is looking for; maybe someone might have a recommendation or could forward his resume somewhere that might lead to a job.  The nest is a powerful tool!
  • I'm sorry you're going through this.  Sending lots of dust your way.
  • Oh no Sad

****Things WILL get better dust****

• Lots of dust your way!!! We are in the same boat!
  • **dust**!
    imageimage
    6-yr-old Elena and 4-yr-old Julia.
    My Blog! All about my girls and quilting
  • imagebobcatsteph:
    Tons of dust!! What kind of job is your DH looking for?

He was in hardware (computer engineering), but I think he wants to change fields and might go IT now.

• Thanks everyone for the dust.  I really appreciate it.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"