2nd Trimester

FB Question...Baby Related

Would it be tacky if I created a FB event for my baby shower?  My mom is throwing it and asked me to do this since she doesn't have a FB and she needs my friend's addresses. Nobody keeps an address book anymore and I figured a FB event would be much easier than having to call everyone. That way those who don't want to come or can't come can just put no on the RSVP box on the event page.  I just wanted to know what you ladies think before I go making a fool out of myself.  No flames needed, it's just an honest question.  Thanks :)

Re: FB Question...Baby Related

• What if there are people on FB you don't want to invite? I don't know how it works...

I think its kinda tacky but I would do it so...who knows...

Guess you can call me tacky!

• I don't think it's weird, but I would definitely send out tangible invites. It just makes it seem less important if an invite is only on FB.

Maybe use it to get addresses from people. ?

• Loading the player...
  • imagesassafras007:

What if there are people on FB you don't want to invite? I don't know how it works...

I think its kinda tacky but I would do it so...who knows...

Guess you can call me tacky!

You can go through and select the people you invite, then when they get the invitation they can click yes or no for the RSVP.  It's how I've invited my friends to all past events and it's so easy and convenient I use it for just about anything I need to invite people to.

• I probably wouldnt create a FB event for it, but you could use FB to get the addresses you need.  Send out a message to all the people you want to invite and ask for their addresses.
  • imageshortyred919:

I don't think it's weird, but I would definitely send out tangible invites. It just makes it seem less important if an invite is only on FB.

Maybe use it to get addresses from people.  

Yeah that's what I meant, my mom needs my friend's addresses and since she doesn't have a FB she can't get them herself, she has to get them from me.  I figured it would just be easier to create an event and people can message me their addresses if they want to come.

• I sent out a message to everyone and told them to PM me their address. It was VERY effective! No event needed.

And I don't think it is too early to do it. I sent my message out like... at 8 weeks or something.?

• imageshortyred919:

I sent out a message to everyone and told them to PM me their address. It was VERY effective! No event needed.

And I don't think it is too early to do it. I sent my message out like... at 8 weeks or something. 

Okay thanks!

• I personally am not a fan of FB events or evites.  I need to have an actual invitation in my hand otherwise I forget all about the event.

I would use FB to PM everyone to get their addresses. 

Daisypath Anniversary tickers Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
  • My SIL created a FB event for my shower (this sunday) anyways...I was embarrassed myself actually.  I think I'd use the message feature...I really prefer real invites and it sounds like you plan on those anyways so I'd stick to that if you could.

I am pretty old-fashioned though...

• I don't think it's tacky at all. I would go ahead and do it if you want, but it may be easier to just message all of the ppl that you are inviting and ask for their addresses. I think either way is fine though! :)
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• I actually just did this the other day. Nut I created a closed group. Only the members of the group can see what others have written, or I asked them to PM me their address.

This is how I stated it:

My mother, sister, and I are in the process of preplanning/planning my baby shower. I'm not sure who all of you would like to come (or if I've missed anyone that would like to)

I might already have it (and probably lost it! Blame the preg brain) But can I please get your address for an invitation??

EMAIL OR PHYSICAL address is fine!

I tried to be as "non-tacky" as possible! haha my mother/sister still plan on sending out actual invitations...the email is to send out an evite reminder as it gets closer!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"