1st Trimester

Zofran or cream?

DR. offered to prescribe Zofran or a cream (didn't catch the name) for nauseau. Which one are you taking/recommend?

TIA

Re: Zofran or cream?

• Never heard of a cream.  Zofran is my life saver right now.  DS would be parked in front of the TV without it because I would not be able to leave the bathroom.  It does cause headaches and serious constipation though. 
    Baby Birthday Ticker TickerBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Thanks! Not looking forward to the headaches, but like you, i can't function with DC with this nausea :(

She said the cream is rubbed on your wrist. I was leaning more towards Zofran though because she said the cream can make you very sleepy.

• Loading the player...
  • I have a friend on Zofran for other issues more long term.  She said she has had to give herself enemas a few times. I hope I don't get there.  I have been taking 3 colace every night, eating more fiber, prune juice and still had to take milk of magnesia once.  Not fun.  The headaches are a more bearable side effect IMO. 
    Baby Birthday Ticker TickerBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• I'm on a Reglan pump now, but was on Reglan tablets before that. It helped me more than Zofran and doesn't cause constipation and headaches. It's also cheaper and is a class B drug just like Zofran.
  • I took zofran last pregnancy. It did cause pretty bad constipation. After a while of taking it I changed to taking one right before I went to bed and it would help me not have any morning sickness (which I was then able to get some breakfast and my m/s would subside)
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"