Babies: 0 - 3 Months
Options

Well fluckme. DD just rejected my boobs for the first time ever.

Life flat out crying and screaming at the nipple rejection.

I used a new bodywash today and I hoe and pray that this is the culprit and that it's not that she's doing a nursing strike or simply refusing to eat from me.

This is a kid that will latch onto anything you put near her mouth and boobs that have overactive let down. I know she gets plenty of milk easily from my nips, she just wouldn't even attempt them today.

Cross your fingers for bodywash she simply doesn't like!

Re: Well fluckme. DD just rejected my boobs for the first time ever.

• Options
    Yeah my DS did this around 2 months.  He wanted nothing else to do with it.  I still offer it every night and he will nurse sometimes.  I had hopes of nursing till he was 1 but he is not going for it.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    Oh sweetie, I'm so sorry.  I hope it's just the bodywash!!!!  Good luck!
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

It's just so odd, because she nursed fine this morning, before I showered. She did eat from me a bit weird on Tuesday, but I chalked it up to not actually bf'ing her at all on Monday due to a series of things happening and her just being out of synch.

How did it happen for you? Was it an all of a sudden thing, or a gradual thing?

• Options
    Weird.  Happened to me a couple of days ago.  I think he was just over tired b/c I had to swaddle him and sit near the tub with the water running just to calm him down.  Then I just gave him a bottle.  No issues since then!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options

imagewar_eagle:
    Weird.  Happened to me a couple of days ago.  I think he was just over tired b/c I had to swaddle him and sit near the tub with the water running just to calm him down.  Then I just gave him a bottle.  No issues since then!

So he went to the nipple just fine after that feeding?

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"