Washington Babies
Options

Big fall at daycare

Nathan fell on the steps of the playstructure at daycare today. He has quite the nasty C shaped red mark going form his eyebrow to his cheek bone.  I'm sure it'll make a lovely bruise.

I'm not upset that he fell, it happens. And he'll be fine. But I am suprised I wasn't called since it was a head and facial injury that left a very noticable mark.

Does your daycare call for head bumps?  Or am I crazy?

Re: Big fall at daycare

• Options
    Yeah, they should have called.
    Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options
    If it's a noticable bump, ya i think it's weird they didnt call you
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    When I worked in daycare if there was a bruise left behind or an injury that happened to the head or face, we always called the parents. If it was something less severe we filled out an incident form and gave the parents a copy when they picked up their child along with talked about what happened. They should have called you.
  • Options
    I would think they would most likely call, even if just to give you the heads up for when you arrived and he had a mark.
    Photo by J. Shelton Photography
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker imageMy Blog
  • Options
    yes, if it was an injury anywhere on the head they should call. We used to put a bracelet on them too so the parents would know when they went home.
  • Options
    yeah we get calls...  for the big stuff.  
  • Options
    I don't have any experience with daycare, but would be livid if they hadn't called!
  • Options
    Wow, I'm surprised they didn't call you.  I hope it heals quickly.
  • Options
    Daycare calls me for any injury that leave a bruise or cut. They would have called for a fall like that. I also get an incident report stating what happened, who was in the room and what was done. Did you ask them why you weren't called?
  • Options
    I don't have Max in daycare, but my school would call and fill out an injury report for all head injuries, no matter how bad. So did all 3 daycares I worked at! It's standard operating (cover your asss) procedure for most orgs that deal with children.
    The only Easter Bunny I can get behind.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Maxwell Joseph 4/09 Lucy Violet 10/12

• Options
    I would think that their duty of care would be to call you & inform you, especially because it is a head injury!  
    collage Cooper Flynn is 3 years old and growing! May 10,2009 Miscarriage April 2008 Ectopic pregnancy August 2011
  • Options
    At the school i worked at ANY head injury (bigger than a papercut, anyway) got a note sent home and anything that seemed painful (at all) got a phone call.  And these were big kids, who could talk.  So, yeah, should you should have gotten a call home!
    Boy 10.6.13
    Labored at freestanding birth center using hypnobirthing techniques
    Delivered via csection
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"