Babies: 0 - 3 Months

What do you dress your newborn in to sleep?

What do you put your newborn in to sleep? How can you make sure you are not overheating the baby?

I have been putting him in a long sleeve shirt with a swaddle blanket and then a light receiving blanket on top. This is what he was in at the hospital but feel like it might be too much here.  

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: What do you dress your newborn in to sleep?

• Depending on how hot or cold you keep your house, it might be too much for home.

I just put my DD in a onesie underneath her swaddle me, which is fleece, so it's kinda heavy. 

• I put him in a onesie and a fleece swaddle or a fleece sleepsack, but his room gets cold at night.  If you are worried about baby's temp, feel the back of his neck, it's the best indicator/easiest way to tell without disturbing him.
  • Loading the player...
  • We keep our house around 68 at night. DD wears a long-sleeve footed sleeper with a swaddle wrap.

If it's warmer in the house, a onesie and the swaddle wrap.

You're better off leaving him a little too cool than too warm. Keep in mind that his hands and feet will likely be cold due to immature circulation.

Pregnancy Ticker Pregnancy Ticker
  • My LO is still sleeping on my chest at night, so he stays really warm because of my body heat combined with his.  We keep the air in the room on 72 and he is dressed in just a onsie.  I pull just the sheet up to his shoulders and that is the only blanket he has on him. 

I'm always worrying about whether he is too hot/cold!!!

• When we first brought him home, just a onesie or gown, socks and swaddled in a blanket. Now that it's getting cooler at night, long sleeved pajamas with socks or footed pj's.
  • Its SO cold here right now, its supposed to go down to freezing tonight & I am trying hard to avoid putting the heat on. L is the type of baby who runs cold & he fusses if he is cold. I have really experimented with dressing. The last few nights he has been in a short sleeve onesie, a light footed cotton sleeper and a fleece sleep sack, he is finally a comfy. I tried a long sleeved onesie & sleep sack & he was too cold. I also tried a onesie & a fleece sleeper, still cold. Maybe once the heat is on we can try one of those again, hopefully the fleece sleepers work eventually because I have heard the sleep sacks are only good for 5 months are so then you shouldn't use them.

Before it got cold he was just in a onesie & sleeper and in the summer when he was a newborn he was in a onesie.

• Thanks Ladies. I think I will try just a onesie and a swaddle tonight. 
  • It's freezing here so now I'm putting him in a footed sleeper with a swaddle me.  Sometimes I put a receiving blanket just over his legs if I dress him in a footless sleeper.  It's all been trial and error.
  • it's been getting cold at night here, so I have been putting him in a sleeper with a swaddleme over it

on warmer nights - a oneside or naked (just diaper) under the swaddleme

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"