Baby Names

Chace

When you see Chace, do you say it like "Chase"?  I have always loved the name Chase and finally got DH to agree, but my one condition was we spell it Chace.  His only reason for this was he didn't want to be reminded of a bank everytime he sees/writes his son's name.  I don't want to argue over spelling unless his name will be mis-pronounced often.

Smile

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
Pregnancy Ticker

Re: Chace

• I like the name Chase (yay, Army Wives!), but the spelling, Chace, looks wrong.  Like you mispelled it on the birth certificate or something.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPic
    Eleanor Noelle - 18/05/12 Claire Elisabeth - 16/-5/10
  • I have known a couple people with this name, and one did spell it Chace.  That's how I would pronounce it if I saw it spelled that way!
  • Loading the player...
  • I like the name, but it almost looks like "Chance" without the "N". ?
  • When I first saw this and said it out loud I pronouced it like "Chase" but I agree, Chance comes to mind also.
  • I think Chase looks much better. With a C just doesn't look right. I can look at it and figure it's pronounced like "Chase," but it still looks a little funny--like Chance without the N.

I wouldn't worry about the bank... really. It's widely respected as a real name, it's not like naming a kid Citibank or something. I think it's more conspicuous to change the spelling of the kid than to just ignore the neutral reference.

• I know you asked about pronunciation, so I will say yes, I would probably pronounce it like "Chase."

However...  it really does look *wrong* spelled that way. Almost more so than some of the really out-there creative/unique spellings. To me I would assume someone made a mistake in writing or typing his name, or that his parents didn't really know how to spell. Sorry.  

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • Spell it Chase. Chace will be misspelled every single day. Don't do that to your kid.
  • 2 words:  Chace Crawford

Seriously, though... I like it spelled "Chace."  The only 2 people I've ever met in real life spell it like that.  Chase with an "s" makes me think of a dog.

BFP July 11, 2009 ~ C/P July 15, 2009
    BFP 11/25/2009 ~ Blighted Ovum Discovered 12/10/2009 ~ Natural M/C 12/24/2009
    BFP 3/29/2010 ~ EDD 11/25/2010

Sawyer Marshall ~ November 16, 2010
  • Chace is a spelling variation of Chase. My dh preferred Chase.
    <Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers>
  • NMS, but I'd go with Chase.
    S- March 09 E- Feb 12 L- May 15

• I like the name but not the spelling (sorry) but I would pronounce it Chase.
    Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers
  • I would pronounce it Chase but I think a lot of people would be thinking you left out the "n" if you spelled it Chace.  Plus he will FOREVER correcting people ALL his life.  My DD has a different spelling and they do that to her ALL the time.  She is an adult now with a DS of her own and said she would never do that to a child.  Please have your DH reconsider.  Most names are derived from other things...and a lot are from occupations.  Banks are not a bad occupation...could be worse.

• I actually like the spelling Chace more than Chase.

My ex-fiance's name is Chace. I love the name and if it wasnt my ex's name I would definitely use it!

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • If I named my son chace, this would be my spelling. It is a good friends last name and I never 2nd guessed how to say it.
    "Normal day, let me be aware of the treasured day you are. Let me learn from you, love you, bless you before you depart...let me hold you while I may."

TTC #1- unexplained...lost left ovary 4/07 IUI #1 2/10/09-BFN IUI #2 3/5/09-BFN IVF # 1-BFP

TTC#2- FET 4/7/11 BFP, Natural mc 5/5/11 IVF#2 ER 9/13/11, ET 9/16/11, Beta #1 9/27/11 BFP 254 Beta #2 9/30/11 793 -Twins!

• Chace looks made up.  Stick with the right spelling.
    Sadie is not impressed.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    "This ribbon has been reported." - lovesnina
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"