Infertility

IUI - round 3 today... sex or no sex?

ok gals, i just had round 3 of IUI this morning and my left side hurts so badly that i really can't imagine having sex tonight.  is it a must?  is it worth it to do it tomorrow morning?  anyone have success without having sex the night of IUI?  this is so exhausting, oh and i have NO sex drive!  i hate clomid. 

Re: IUI - round 3 today... sex or no sex?

• I'd say if you're sore and not in the mood- skip tonight, but try for tomorrow am.  I mean you already have millions of sperm waiting for your egg from your IUI- so I think you should be fine w/ skipping tonight.

Unless you're going to constantly wonder if this cycle doesnt work if it would have had you had sex tonight.  If that's the case, i'd try for tonight.  But I think  if you dont have sex tonight and this cycle fails- it's not b/c you didnt have sex tonight. 

Surprise BFP after 5 yrs of TTC
  • tell me about it! i did IUI#2 this morning. I have the same systoms as you.  sleep the day away and have had the worst cramps.  my DH had a hard time doing his deed this morning and we just cant get into it tonight without making it feel like a chore tonight
  • Loading the player...
  • I had my IUI Monday morning and had sex again on Monday night.  But I also wasn't in pain.  I probably would wait until tomorrow if I was in that much pain.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • thanks so much for replying!  i'm new to "the bump" so it's exciting to see that people out there really care enough to respond.  :)  i really appreciate it! 

• GOOD LUCK!  i just have NO DESIRE!  i hate it that sex  has turned into a 'chore'.  i think i'm heading to bed... hopefully i'll feel better tomorrow... and hopefully you will too! 

• I wouldn't force it tonight, but if you're in the mood in the morning I would go for it :)

Good luck! 

Unexplained Infertility

After two Clomid cycles, three injectable IUI cycles, two IVFs, two miscarriages, and one lap surgery, IVF #2 has brought us our little boy!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

TTC #2
    After months of being postponed or cancelled, FET #1.3 (Natural FET) brought us twin girls!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Surprise! Baby #4 is due in March!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"