Infertility
Options

had my 2nd IUI today- kind of worried- anyone have randomly low sperm count?

So my husbands SA has always been good- and the last IUI last month had 55 million count.  today we're doing our IUI and the nurse says has anyone ever talked to you about your sperm?  we're like no- it's always been fine- well today it was 8million.  which is kind of worrying me.  Last IUI we abstained for 3 days, today it was 2 days- but she said that shouldnt make it low- and we were always instructed to abstain 2-3days.  I'm chalking it up to randomness- but i guess if this iui doesnt work we'll get another SA.  Oh and my first thought was they used the wrong sample- but DH assures me his name was on the cup.

Anyone else have experiences w/ random low sperm counts?  And he's not a drinker, didnt go in a hot tub, nothing has changed.  His sperm counts/motility/morph have always been normal.   I think 55mill may be on the low end of normal, but still normal- and this 8mill is freaking me out.   I keep telling myself- you only need one sperm.  I joked w/ him that today he just sent out his 'A' team, so that's why it was low. 

Surprise BFP after 5 yrs of TTC

Re: had my 2nd IUI today- kind of worried- anyone have randomly low sperm count?

• Options

Good luck. Sorry his count was down. That is weird. I hope he did send his best 8 millon. This is pretty bad, but it is true that you only need one.

I hope your 2ww passes quickly.

PAIF and SAIF Always Welcome!
    TTC since 2007
    6 IUIs, 3 IVFs, and 2 m/c :< PCOS, Blood Clotting Disorder & MFI
    IVF #2 Aug 2011 is a BFN:<
    IVF #3 March 2012 is a BFN
    Not sure what to do now. Sad and lost.
    Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers
  • Options

Sorry that you are so worried. 

I know that 8 million sounds low but at my REs office they say anything over 1 million is a go for IUI.  Of course the higher the better.  All of our post wash counts were anywhere between 10-22 million  and every time they said that the numbers were really good.  (even the IUI we had with 10 million)  So 8 million may sound low but I still think that you have a really good chance.  There are girls who have gotten pregnant on counts lower than that.

Good luck!!

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

strange, similiar thing happened to us today (well they didnt speak with us about the drop) but when he did the SA DH had over 200million, at our first IUI there was 39million (1 day abstained) and this time we abstained for 1day again but his count dropped down to 18 million.  not a big concern for the quantity, but i was worried thatit did drop. 

He has been sick lately so I think that it had something to do with it,...GL!

• Options
    My RE wants to see 10m motile.  But they would definitely not be too concerned about 8mil.  So I think you are golden.  Remember, it only takes one!
    DH-NOA confirmed with TESE, ME-Unexplained After 1 Miscarriage, 6 IUI's, our little miracles are here. Proud Parents of Twins. Lilypie First Birthday tickers
    We're Finally Three
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"