Babies: 0 - 3 Months

Letting your milk dry up

I think I'm past the painful stage, but now they are sooo itchy. Is there anything I can do to make the itch go away? And about how many days/weeks until they aren't full anymore?
Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: Letting your milk dry up

• I only BF for a week and a half and it took about 3 weeks for my milk to completely dry up.

• Sounds like you went cold turkey?  I exclusively pumped until my supply wasn't making any dent in his diet and was tied to the pump....so I gradually weaned and didn't have any pain or much engorgement.

From what I hear if you don't express any milk - 5 days after your milk comes in?

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

***Nestie Bestie w/ TheDeatons***

AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers

• Loading the player...
  • I hope it only takes 5 days... but I'm thinking it'll be more than that.

Thanks Smile

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I EPed for a week or so. I was so engorged that LO couldn't latch on no matter what I tried. EPing was VERY stressful so I had to throw in the towel. I wore a really tight bra and iced them as much as possible and they dried up pretty fast. A few days I was feeling much better and within a week I'd say it was gone. GL to you!!
  • Totally unrelated but tell me about that seahorse toy! I keep hearing about it and I dont know what it does or where to get it!  I already have a turtle and a dolphin so I probably need that as well.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • I think I've heard that cabbage leaves in your bra will help.
  • imageelspethcordelia:
    I think I've heard that cabbage leaves in your bra will help.

From personal experience I can say cabbage leaves in your bra helps when you have a clogged duct.   

Still waiting to hear about the seahorse lol......

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Mine haven't dried up 100% but I did both ice in the beginning because my breasts were hard and then I did the cabbage leaves. I also bought no more milk tea from BRU and that seems to have worked too.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"