Parenting

Hosting a shower - want opinions

She is not finding out the sex.  Should I do a color scheme?  I am not sure how she is decorating the nursery.  So, I was thinking pink and blue or yellow and green.  Thoughts?  I would try to think of some non-alcoholic drinks in those colors and do a cake with those colors.

Re: Hosting a shower - want opinions

• Does she have a favorite color?  Work around that.  Is the shower near a big holiday or change of season?  You could use that as a theme. 

• I would try to find out how she is decorating the nursery.  It's possible you may be able to use some things she already has or she could use some things you get as decorations.  The pastel colors are OK for either sex...so are primary colors.  If you go to Baby Showers board there are a lot of very creative ideas given by people.
  • Loading the player...
  • I would do a pastel theme--all the right colors there.  I would keep it simple and easy, lemonade, ice tea and coffee.  you could have the cake decorated very pretty.  if someone needs gift ideas--suggest anything of neutral color-(there is alot more out there now)  GL-it will turn out great!!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"