Infertility
Options

MIF...question

So DH was diagnosed with a moderate sperm count but slow motility.  We just lost our twin boys at 19 weeks after a second round of IVF.  My RE can not find any other fertility issues aside from MIF.  We are thinking about trying some of the supplements that they have out for men.

Do you have something that you could recommend?  Where did you get it?  Do you you think/know that it is working?  I looked at a couple and they are so expensive.  I will be basically pay anything but I want to make sure we choose the right thing.  Any help would be great!

Re: MIF...question

• Options

Same thing for DH...low motility.  The RE recommended clomid for him (weird I know) but insurance was not covering it.  He also recommended pre-seed and there was another vitamin supplement but I don't remember the name but he gave bunch of samples.

Also remember that sperm take 3 months to develop.....how he is living his lifestyle now will be reflective of his sperm quality in 3 months.  I would suggest no drinking, smoking, no laptops on lap, etc etc to boost your chances of higher quality (moving) sperm.

Megan--Mommy to Owen 1.10.07 and Gibson 5.11.10
  • Options

Fertility Blend was recommended to me and I have heard a lot of good things about it. We got ours at GNC for about $40-50, expensive but priceless if it works.

I also had H on vitamin D, calcium anf folic acid.

TTC since April 2008

Me: PCOS/Amenorrhea DH: Azoospermia due to Y Chromosome Micro Deletion IVF w/ ICSI on hold until further notice

Hope

• Loading the player...
  • Options

My dh also has lower motility. I read in my Nutritional healing book that Vitamin C with Bioflavinoids (2,000-6,000 daily) helps keep the sperm from clumping and make them more motile. I just bought some yesterday from Whole Foods and it was reasonably priced (around $8).I can't tell you if it works yet, but it's worth trying.

My RE also suggested by dh see a urologist as well.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    Have they determined why your little ones passed away in utero?  Genetic testing might could help you out for future pregnancies.
    Megan--Mommy to Owen 1.10.07 and Gibson 5.11.10
  • Options
    We did get our pathology reports back.  Both boys were completely healthy but they did find an infection in my placenta.  There were no genetic factors which caused me to go into labor and we had heartbeats until I actually delivered.  They will never be able to determine if the infection in the placenta was what caused me to go into labor or if I got the infection after my water broke.  I have been told though that 19 - 20 weeks is a difficult time for twins in general...although no one really knows why...they call it the twin factor.  Wish someone would have told me that sooner.  Thank you for asking.  I almost wish sometimes that they found something wrong so that they would know what to do next time.  They will basically be monitoring me weekly with cultures and u/s and I will probably have a circlage put in.  Progesterone injections the entire pg as well.  It will all be worth it in the end!
  • Options
    DH is low on all counts, but we did manage to get his count and motility up with vitamins. I made up my own cocktail based on the recomendations I found on an RE's website. Essentially he takes GNC Mega Man Gold + CoQ10 + Folic Acid + Omega3s
    imageimage

• Options

I'm so sorry for your loss.  I did want to mention that if your Dr prescribes clomid for your DH it is one of the cheap drugs from walmart.  Even if you dont get it from walmart, the generic was 20$ at walgreens.  So get generic.

Surprise BFP after 5 yrs of TTC
  • Options

My husband also takes Fertility Blend, based on the rec from our RE.

We get it at GNC..it is about $40 a bottle. He takes two pills, twice a day and I think there is 60 pills to a bottle maybe? 

GL! 

TTC #1 since June 2008 *SAIFW*

TI, IUIs, IVF = c/ps and BFNs

• Options
    I just wanted to say I am so sorry for your losses.  I wish you all the best in the future.
    TTC with DOR, low morphology, fertilization issues
    IVF#1 Oct 2009 (CCRM) - BFN
    IVF#2 March 2010 - Poor response/cancelled
    DE IVF#1 Aug 2010 - BFN
    DE IVF#2 Dec 2010 - Transferred 1, 2 frozen - BFP!
    TTC#2 FET Jan 2013 - Transferred 1 - BFP!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options

My dh also took clomid - cost us $10/month at walmart, no insurance. 

Has he seen a urologist?

• Options
    I have my husband on Fertilaid.  It's about $28 a bottle.  He's only been taking for a few weeks, don't know how much its working yet.
    My favorite thing about spring are the flowers. Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    TTC #1 since Oct 2006 with severe MFI.
    Summer/Fall 2011 - DH on clomid. Helped with morphology and motility, but count still under 1 million.
    February 2011 - First RE appointment to discuss options.
    March 2011 - We aren't sure what we are going to do right now. DH isn't sure about DS.
    ~SAIFW~
  • Options
    My husband is taking Fertility Blend from GNC - he seems to be working pretty well. 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"