TTC After a Loss
Options

(warning SAL rant) I was called out for being Snarky....

I can't believe that I got called out for being Snarky Even though I apologized before I posted! I don't know where else to rant about this so I thought my TTCAL Gals would understand. I am not that Snarky! I don't do this very often. I can't believe someone would be so upset by me say "I have to be a little snarky here. Didn't I just answer this question? (posted link) Yep I did, Here read this link and be happy you're not alone" Granted the last line was a bit over the line. But the other post was only half way down the page when she posted! What do you think? Was I too mean, or Was this appropriate snark for a non-regular poster who can't be bothered to read the other post even on the first page?

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: (warning SAL rant) I was called out for being Snarky....

• Options
    Dude, when I saw your response, I wanted to ::high-five:: you. No judging here. Some people seem to need thicker skin today.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options

I saw too, don't sweat it some ppl like to create drama where it's not needed.

BFP#1 1/27/09 :: Natural m/c 2/6/09 @ 6w
    BFP#2 5/11/09 :: Natural m/c 5/27/09 @ 5w5d
    BFP#3 7/24/09 :: Missed m/c, baby stopped growing at 6w4d :: natural m/c 8/28/09 @ 8w6d
    BFP #4 11/27/09 :: DD born 7/27/10
    BFP #5 2/29/12 :: DD born 11/6/12

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    *runs to read post!*
  • Options
    imagelil_rhody:
    Dude, when I saw your response, I wanted to ::high-five:: you. No judging here. Some people seem to need thicker skin today.

Awww shucks, Thanks Rhody!Embarrassed

• Options
    Can you post the link? I hate browsing SAL.... too depressing!
  • Options

imagegoldylocks711:

What she said! ;)

• Options
    imagegoldylocks711:
    Sure thing.... https://community.thebump.com/cs/ks/forums/thread/23365595.aspx (being called out) https://community.thebump.com/cs/ks/forums/thread/23359482.aspx (the post that started it all)

• Options

Confused

I didn't think that was snarky.  Eh, maybe I've been here too long already.

• Options
    I didn't think that was bad AT ALL. It was some of the gentlest snark I have seen on these boards and I thought you made a good point and weren't even mean. It's just a sensitive subject, so that is why she was upset.  I wouldn't worry about it.
  • Options

i understand that the whole EDD being close to or around the same date of a loss is hard. but i honestly don't think you pointing her in a direction of a post-- that was on the same page-- was out of line. you know what's funny... i think if you didn't use the word "snarky" in your response to  her, she wouldn't have called you out. if you kept everything else the same, but just omited the apology for being snarky, she would have let it go.

but ooooh, you said the big bad "s" word and don't you know that that is just NOT ALLOWED on any board that has the word "loss" in it?! god, red. how could you even consider posting a slightly less than "ooooooh, you poor thing!" response? shame, red. shame.

• Options
    I think you are totally in the right.
  • Options

imageJaimieLee:
    I didn't think that was bad AT ALL. It was some of the gentlest snark I have seen on these boards and I thought you made a good point and weren't even mean. It's just a sensitive subject, so that is why she was upset.  I wouldn't worry about it.

thank you! I tried to be gentle becuase I know how hard it is. But really not reading the first page before you post really pisses me off, she is lucky I didn't see this type of double post on one of the trimester boards where I can let my inner B!tch out.

• Options
    Ehhh.... That was nothing... It will blow over. Sounds to me like people are just a bit wound up today.
    BFP #1 4/2/09 EDD 12/6/09 -MC 4/12/09 BFP #2 6/2/09 EDD 2/14/10 -Ectopic in Tube, Surgery 6/23/09 BFP #3 10/15/09 EDD 6/27/10 -Daniel John 6/21/10 BFP #4 Oct 2010 Chemical Pregnancy BFP #5 8/19/11 Beta #1 82.8 Prog 17.25
  • Options

imagelil_rhody:

Yes High Five for you.....we so have your back if you ever needed it though, we heart you!

• Options
    imagesomeflower6:

i understand that the whole EDD being close to or around the same date of a loss is hard. but i honestly don't think you pointing her in a direction of a post-- that was on the same page-- was out of line. you know what's funny... i think if you didn't use the word "snarky" in your response to  her, she wouldn't have called you out. if you kept everything else the same, but just omited the apology for being snarky, she would have let it go.

but ooooh, you said the big bad "s" word and don't you know that that is just NOT ALLOWED on any board that has the word "loss" in it?! god, red. how could you even consider posting a slightly less than "ooooooh, you poor thing!" response? shame, red. shame.

Oh someflower how I have missed you! I don't think the first part of the response was where she had issue. I think really it was the last line that pushed her over. But I feel better now that you lovely ladies have told me I not crazy for what I said.

• Options
    imageWearingRed:
    imagesomeflower6:

Oh someflower how I have missed you! I don't think the first part of the response was where she had issue. I think really it was the last line that pushed her over. But I feel better now that you lovely ladies have told me I not crazy for what I said.

wait. are you getting snarky with me? i'm pretty sure you are.

i miss you too. :-)

• Options
    Dude, that was the lamest mean thing ever.  If you're trying to be mean then you need to try harder.  Alright, you convinced me.  I'll get KU so that we meanies can stick together on SAL.
  • Options
    imagesomeflower6:
    imageWearingRed:

Snark what Snark.... I see no Snark..... (maybe just a little snark)

How are you?

• Options
    imagesomeflower6:

bwahhahahaha!

• Options
    imageWearingRed:
    imagesomeflower6:
    imageWearingRed:

How are you?

i'm doing well! i'm currently very much into watching Dexter. I'm on season 1 so everyone's probably watched it already but it's some crazy shiit.

and how are YOU, my dear? have you come out yet?

• Options

imageheathergirl67:
    Dude, that was the lamest mean thing ever.  If you're trying to be mean then you need to try harder.  Alright, you convinced me.  I'll get KU so that we meanies can stick together on SAL.

I am looking forward to seeing you there! Maybe I'll ask for a Pregnant after loss and Snarky board while they seem to be adding board. This way we don't have to hide in dark corner any more! I think I maybe losing my snarky touch without reading texas's post.

• Options
    imagesomeflower6:
    imageWearingRed:
    imagesomeflower6:

How are you?

i'm doing well! i'm currently very much into watching Dexter. I'm on season 1 so everyone's probably watched it already but it's some crazy shiit.

and how are YOU, my dear? have you come out yet?

I am doing good but now I have daily headaches. I came out to most of my family and Facebook on Friday (13 weeks 0 days) after my non eventful OB appointment. If you had seen my bump pip Monday you would have understood why I had too (I am huge for how far along I am).  My family is excited. BabyRed will be the first grandchild on both sides and my grandpa's first blood great grandchild.  My aunt is super excited and want to see me ASAP but then her kids got sick and I told her I would have to wait to see her for a while.

• Options
    Wow, I saw that when it was first posted and thought nothing of it. That's hardly snark!
  • Options
    This entire situation is lame sauce. All of SAL needs a little 0815 in their lives.
  • Options

imageMrs0815:
    This entire situation is lame sauce. All of SAL needs a little 0815 in their lives.

0815 get your sweet asz over to SAL!  NOW!  (but visit us often!) 

• Options
    imageL2theC42:

imageMrs0815:

0815 get your sweet asz over to SAL!  NOW!  (but visit us often!) 

WE DO, WE DO. We need all of you!

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"