Multiples

Still have contractions with Procardia?

I assume it's ok to still have some contrax while on Procardia?  I had 5 in about 45 minutes (not bad, only 2 were semi-painful, the other 3 were just BH's).  Just want to make sure this is normal (that they shouldn't make them completely go away). 

Re: Still have contractions with Procardia?

• I was on Procardia from 24 weeks until around 35. I had contractions the whole time, but nothing too painfull (for the most part).
  • Thanks, just wanted to make sure that it wasn't supposed to get rid of them completely.
  • Loading the player...
  • I'm on 60mg every 8 hours and I still have them all the time. Most of the time they aren't painful, just very tight. I'd still call your OB just incase. They might want to up your dose a bit or something. I hope your ute calms down and lets you relax.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Even ON meds, you can have contractions, but the same rules apply, more than 4 in an hour you need to call. Regardless of whether or not you have BHs or what you think are BH's...remember this is a twin pg, things happen a LOT faster than in a singleton pg.

FWIW: My peri is the TOP  in STL and he always told me to call at more than 3 in an hour. YOu can never be too cautious. I wouldn't wish preemies on ANYONE.  HOnestly you need to call.

• I had a BUNCH of (non-painful) contractions while on procardia from about 27w to 35w.  (But I was on hospital bedrest with 3x a day monitoring.)  At least in the beginning, they weren't changing my cervix any more than it had already effaced and dilated.  The drs stopped doing internal exams, so I have no idea how much I progressed as the weeks passed.  2 days after stopping the procardia, my water broke and then my contractions started to get painful and I had my c-section!

Hope all goes well with you!

• I was taking 20 mg Procardia plus 2.5 to 5 mg oral terb every 4 hours after being released from the hospital for PTL. I still had contractions, especially as I got close to the time to take a dose, or if I had been out of bed at all.  If I had more than 4 or 5 an hour or they were particularly painful, my OB had me up my 2.5 mg terb to 5 mg.  If I still had 4 or 5 an hour after the extra terb, I was supposed to call.

After 20 months TTC with PCOS, we were blessed with twins!
    They arrived at 36 weeks after PTL and bedrest for 14 weeks. Lilypie Third Birthday tickers image
    imageimage
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"