Baby Names
Options

Tiberius

I'm not sure what else there is left to say...except this is DH's #1 pick for a boy....and no, I'm not joking.  The sad part is, when my sister was trying to come up with a T middle name for her son's initials to match his dad's I suggested it--and was completely joking.  I'm not sure I could say that with a straight face to my friends and family.  Tiberius.  I just...no.

Re: Tiberius

• Options
    Yikes!
    S- March 09 E- Feb 12 L- May 15

• Options
    I have a colleague named Tiberius he's from Romania.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

imagelovinfall:

Well, that's okay. We're just black people who watch Star Trek.

• Options
    imageKGsky:

imagelovinfall:

LOL! We got our baby name from Battlestar Galactica (which all Star Trek fans should check out, it's awesome). Luckily, it is also my grandmother's maiden name, so we have an alibi :)

Also, your DD is incredibly adorable in that picture! 

• Options
    imagewaytoe:
    imageKGsky:

imagelovinfall:

LOL! We got our baby name from Battlestar Galactica (which all Star Trek fans should check out, it's awesome). Luckily, it is also my grandmother's maiden name, so we have an alibi :)

I was looking in your siggy expecting to see "Starbuck" "Adama" or "Apollo"  Of course, that was the BG of old.  I'm not opposed to SciFi-inspired names...just not...Tiberius.  (I did campaign for Jean-Luc, got shot down LOL)

• Options

Tiberius sounds like a type of disease to me Surprise

• Options
    imageshellybeth:

Tiberius sounds like a type of disease to me Surprise

Typhoid, perhaps?

• Options
    imageKGsky:
    imagewaytoe:
    imageKGsky:

imagelovinfall:

I was looking in your siggy expecting to see "Starbuck" "Adama" or "Apollo"  Of course, that was the BG of old.  I'm not opposed to SciFi-inspired names...just not...Tiberius.  (I did campaign for Jean-Luc, got shot down LOL)

Colonel Saul Tigh is on both old and new BG! Jean-Luc is great. That's too bad you got shot down. 

• Options
    imageKGsky:

imagelovinfall:

Star Trek was the first thing I thought of when I heard this name.  NMS at all.

• Options
    imagewaytoe:
    imageKGsky:
    imagewaytoe:
    imageKGsky:

imagelovinfall:

Colonel Saul Tigh is on both old and new BG! Jean-Luc is great. That's too bad you got shot down. 

What about other Star Trek-inspired names that wouldn't be as obvious, since you don't like Tiberius?  Wesley, Miles, Montgomery....

• Options
    No!
    Sadie is not impressed.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    "This ribbon has been reported." - lovesnina
  • Options

Jean-Luc is on my list! lol 

Thankfully it's French and goes with our last name, but I'm a big fan of Star Trek so everyone would know where it came from.  Still a lovely name, though.

Image and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPic
    Eleanor Noelle - 18/05/12 Claire Elisabeth - 16/-5/10
  • Options
    imageValentineBB:
    No!

You "get" me.
  • Options
    Ever since we started discussing names, DH has always suggested Tiberius as a middle name. He's a Trek fan, too. But I couldn't do that to my kid.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    That is the name of my hair salon:-)
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"