Upstate NY Babies

Ok so am I a bad mom?

I hadn't had a drink since we found out we were pregnant in May but on my birthday I had a full champagne flute of asti (which I took 2.5 hours to drink) and last night I had half a glass of shiraz...we don't have any other big celebrations- so i think this would be my only alcohol intake during the pregnancy...

but I feel so guilty...they really dont know how much alcohol is too much and I think I read it worse if you have it later because of all the brain functioning that is going on...

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: Ok so am I a bad mom?

• 1 1/2 glasses of alcohol doesn't make you a bad mom!  I never had any alcohol, but DH totally wouldn't have taken it well and it wasn't worth the fight for me.  As it was, I had to justify my soda with caffeine that I had like once a week.
  • You are not a bad mom.  Every woman has to make this decision for herself.  There are many OBs out there that say a glass of wine a week is fine.  You're well under that.  Don't be so hard on yourself.
  • Loading the player...
  • Think of the women in Italy. They drink a lot more than that while pregnant.

Don't beat yourself up over it!

Photobucket
    Charlie 11.01.07 ~ Paul 05.07.10 ~ Annaliese 02.24.12
  • My DH is like that too - he even carefully monitors my caffeine intake...haha. For me - it isn't worth the issues with him...or the looks from family members, etc.

But if I didn't get that I would have a glass once in a while...not once a week, though.

• You're not a bad mom at all. I didn't have a drop of alcohol during my pregnancy, mainly because the thought of it made me ill. But I did have coffee every once in a while towards the end of my pregnancy. There are questions about that now, too. There seems to be questions about everything we take into our bodies. Oh well. Don't beat yourself up.
  • no not at all! I had a small glass of red wine on my bday and DH's. I would steal a sip of DH's wine when we were on our cruise too. It never really tasted the same though... and gave me killer heart burn most of the time!
  • My vice was caffeine, which I had about once per week.  There were times that I felt guilty about it too, but I let myself off the hook, and knew that I am only human...
    imageimage PHOTO Credit: Meryl :)Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I don't think it's that big of a deal. I LOVE wine but never had a sip b/c DH was very, very against it. I did however, after 1st tri, have 1 cup of coffee everyday.
    imageimageLilypie Fourth Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • see I have been having coffee- usually decaf but sometimes regular and I have one coke a week...

oh g_d... 

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"