Breastfeeding
Options

when the working mama gets sick...

would you still take your LO into daycare?

if your LO went to daycare, there would be the pumping to do. i can't imagine anything less appealing than having to pump several times a day while sick at home. but you might be better able to get some rest?

if you keep your LO home and nurse, you'd have to be on mama-duty while you're home sick. might be hard to recuperate that way?

off to take another handful of vitamin c to banish this scratchy throat...

Re: when the working mama gets sick...

• Options
    I was REALLY sick this weekend, and DH dropped DD off at daycare on M and T mornings for me, while I stayed home and rested.  Monday I was so sick, there was no way I would have been able to care for her.  I pumped at 8 am, noon, and 9 pm, and slept all day long in between.  I had a bad fever though and oculd barely get off the couch, so I think it depends on how sick you are. 
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options
    I stayed home sick today and DH took DS to daycare. We'd have to pay for daycare even if DS stayed home, and the point of me staying home was to rest/sleep...which I couldn't do if I had DS home with me. I'm so glad I did this. I don't feel 100% but I feels tons better than I did last night. I did pick up DS up from DC at 4 instead of 5 so I could take advantage of a little extra time with him.
    Married June '03. DS born Jan '09. DD born Feb '12. No, we didn't choose to be childless for the first 6 years, only the first 3.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I missed two days last week because I was sick.  DH took DD to daycare. I felt terrible and just laid around all day.  I could have taken care of DD if I had to, but the whole point of missing work was to get well.  If I'd been well, I would have had to work and take DD to daycare anyway, so I didn't feel bad about it.  I pumped three times during the day like normal.  That was a pain, since I felt like crap.  I will say that I pay for daycare whether DD is there or not, so I might not have taken her if that wasn't the case.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"