Multiples
Options

Curious about symptoms

Hi all! I am 8 weeks pregnant and going for my first prenatal checkup and ultrasound next friday. I was wondering, did any of you have any symptoms early on that led you to believe you had 2 babies instead of 1 inside of you?

Re: Curious about symptoms

• Options

Congrats and GL at your next appt!

To answer your Q, no I didn't--but then again this is my 1st pg (don't have any singleton PG's to compare it to) and we did IVF so we had a chance/ feeling that multiples might be in store. There's no way of knowing though until that 1st ultrasound. 

Wishing you a happy & healthy PG!!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker,Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I was extremely tired and had alot of morning sickness...but did not in any way expect twins! In fact, I was so out of it during the ultrasound that I didn't realize the pic was showing 2 babies until the tech told me. 
  • Options
    nope, the ultrasound clued us in
    Our Blog TTC since 10/2004 Follistim+Ovidril+Metformin=BFP on 12/8/08 2 heartbeats-12/30/08 Betas- 10DPO-104 12DPO-274 Photobucket Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
  • Options
    Not at all, but then again this is my first pregnancy.  I read things that say that the nausea may be worse, etc, but I've had no morning sickness what so ever so far.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    No clue even though it was a possibility because I had two follies when I did my IUI.
  • Options
    I had no clue.  I had more extreme fatigue/nausea/food aversions, but they literally only lasted 1 week.
  • Options
    Absolutely none.  We were completely shocked. 
  • Options
    I was SO incredibly sick w/ MS by 7 weeks that we suspected.
  • Options

I just  found out yesterday that we're expecting twins and this is my fourth pregnancy.  I have to admit there was an underlying hunch  that something was not quite normal.  I have been sooo extremely tired and soooooo extremely sick, I honestly thought I was going crazy because I have felt almost non functionable.  With my other pregnancies I was tired but nothing too bad and I never had nausea or vomiting so to answer your question... Yes I did think there was a possibility there was 2 in there.  I now know, I'm not crazy after all... LOL

Best Wishes and let us know how it goes!!

• Options

I was surprised to find out we were having twins this time, but not at the same time. Looking back, things were different than my 1st pregnancy. But I just chalked it up to every pregnancy being different, not multiples...until that first u/s that is! But even still--at first the OB just got 1 baby on the screen and she said, "There's just 1" and I felt relief...like I was expecting her to say 2, but it was silly to think so, ya know? Then she moved the wand and found the 2nd baby, LOL!

Basically---I was WAY hungry, very, very early. I remember saying to people, "I shouldn't be starving like this already!". I was also a lot more exhausted this time around in the beginning. M/S was different too. Not worse though, just different. With DS I had that all day sick feeling, but could easily control it w/ eating a snack or ginger ale. This time it wasn't everyday, but when I felt sick, I was SICK. It knocked me down. So, IDK if those are necessarily "symptoms" that would clue anyone in to multiples, but that's waht it was like for me.

• Options
    No, and only an U/S can tell you for sure.  Each pregnancy varies from person to person so one multiple mama may have m/s while another one has none.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Mommy to twin girls, Ashlyn & Fiona, born at 34 weeks due to vasa previa.
  • Options
    I had not a clue. I found out at 16 weeks and it was the shock of my life. I was not showing early, no morning sickness, does not run in my family and the list goes on. 
    M E L I S S A My Blog

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"