Working Moms

Laundry question...

Do you guys do your DH's laundry? I was just reading the posts below where people were talking about Dh doing laundry if he was asked.

Both of us grew up in houses where once we hit 12 or so, we were responsible for our own care of clothing, ect. So it has just been a given in our marriage that Dh washes his own clothes and I do mine. Obviously if I had to get him to wash a load of scrubs or something when I am on an insane month or something it would not be a problem, but generally we just do our own.

Dh is in charge of washing all the sheets and towels as well on the weekend. He washes most of DS's clothing too, but he isn't that great about putting it away. Oh well.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: Laundry question...

• DH does his own laundry, but we don't share a closet so I think that is one reason why.  I do all the kids laundry & am totally fine with it
  • I do both of ours.  I think DH would offer more if he weren't so deathly afraid of ruining my stuff.  So he just does other chores to compensate for me doing both of our laundry.  Plus our loads are pretty small and if I didn't do them both together I think I'd be wasting electricity and water doing seperate loads. 
  • Loading the player...
  • Wow.  I would love for DH to do his own laundry.  I do all of our laundry and it's starting to get old.  The other night I told him the new "rule" was that I would get all the clothes washed and he needed to fold everything and put his stuff and the sheets and towels away and I would put my stuff and the baby's stuff away.  He acted like I was being completely unreasonable.  So annoying.  And I won't even get started on the subject of ironing...
  • I do it all and I'm ok with that.  No one fights stains like me!  LOL!  Although, if my DH b!tches one more time about his pants or polos being wrinkled, he may have to take over for  his laundry.  We'll see how fast he can get it out of the dryer!  Ha!
    DS1 age 7, DD age 5 and DS2 born 4/3/12
  • We both wash but we do everything together. We both work in business casual offices so our clothing needs are similar (4 days business casual & 1 day jeans). We throw DD into whatever color it matches. He folds though. I hate to fold laundry more than life itself.
  • DH did his laundry for about 3-4 months, but he would forget to do it, never fold it, leave it in the wash and forget to dry it (so it smelled like mildew). 

DH didn't see these things as a problem.  I started doing all of the laundry again (just one basket in our room), or asking him to do it if I was too busy.   

• DH does all the laundry (except my underwear -- which I insist on washing myself seperately because they'll get tangled up with everything otherwise)... I do the folding. He's super OCD about it... so I just let him do it. Our nanny does all of DS's laundry every Friday. :)
  • I do all of the laundry in our house.  I wouldn't have enough of my own to make full loads - together we get a full load of white every week and usually 2 full loads of darks.  We share a clothes hamper, so it just isn't a big deal to me to seperate and do them all since I'm going to be doing mine anyway.  And DS usually just has one load/week - not a big deal to do since I'm doing the rest anyway.

I don't like DH doing my laundry - I used to watch him do his laundry before we lived together, and he just threw everything in together and stuck it all in the dryer afterwards on high.  I'm way too particular about how it gets done. 

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • We do everyone's together.  I typically do it since I work from home twice a week and can do it then.  I tend to fold it all since he can never figure out what clothes belong to which of our girls and honestly, I can get it done way faster doing it myself (he often offers to help fold).  I never put his away though.  I leave it in the laundry basket or on his pillow and I tend to put away the girls with their help or by myself depending on when I do it.
    Jenni Mom to DD#1 - 6-16-06 DD#2 - 3-13-08 
  • Our laundry gets done together.  I would say he does it 60% of the time and I do it 40% of the time. 

• Our clothes are washed together. I'd say he does more laundry than I do.

We have a laundry sorter in our room to use as a hamper - darks, reds, whites/lights. Each bag pulls out of the sorter individually so you can carry it to the laundry room without moving the whole thing. When one bag gets full someone does a load. Doesn't matter who.

My clothes that do not go in the dryer go in mesh lingerie or sweater bags which makes them easy to identify when moving things to the dryer. But even if I miss putting something in a mesh bag, DH is very paranoid about putting anything "silky" or "sweater-like" in the dryer so more things get dried flat than is really necessary.  Any stain treatment gets done before laundry goes in the hamper, neither of us look at things as we toss them in the wash.

We have a LOT of towels and sheets, so those tend to pile up for a while before getting washed.

I usually wash DD's clothes because I dress her and know when she's low on shorts or whatever.

- Jena
  • I do all the laundry and folding, DH is expected to put his own clothes away. I prefer I do it anyway becasue it is relaxing for me and I can fold clothes and watch TV at the same time. Plus DH would do a load and forget them and they would be wrinkled.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Nope he does his own laundry. We go through whites and colors at completely opposite speeds so he prefers to do his own.  I do mine and DD's.
  • I do all the laundry. it just seems to make sense to combine loads, and i don't trust Dh to do my laundry.  He would do his own if i wanted him to. We have baskets-  lights, darks, and towels. When one fills up, I throw it in the wash.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"