Stay at Home Moms

Getting Started with Coupons

How do you get organized?  How do you get started?  I'm overwhelmed.  I felt this way with cloth diapering at first, and figured that out by jumping right in, but...sheesh!

Thanks!

BFP 1/6/12 TTC#2 since June 2010 Diagnosed PCOS and started Metformin December 2011 BabyFruit Ticker DS1 - Jack 9/28/08 Birth Doula and ICAN Leader

Re: Getting Started with Coupons

• These are my personal favorite Couponing websites... start visiting these everyday and just by reading through them, you'll get great information.

www.hip2save.com

www.dealseekingmom.com

www.freebies4mom.blogspot.com

Start collecting any coupons you find for things that you might use.  I have a pendaflex coupon book for now but I'm going to be upgrading soon to a binder.  www.hip2save.com has a video posted (I think it was posted on Monday) of how the blog owner put together her coupon binder.

• Start slow whatever you do!! LOL. It can be very overwhelming at first =)

Like Kim said, be on the lookout for coupons for everyday stuff that you use. You can find coupons everywhere BTW - on products (peelies)/hangtags, in the grocery stores (booklets, flyers, etc), sunday inserts, magazines, etc

Another good site for beginners - gives you the basics of the week - 

www.moneysavingmom.com for when you don't have time to read through a lot of stuff =D

FWIW, I also used to do the binder method of staying organized but it was too much hassle for everyday items.

I use (2) small accordian files for my everyday stuff. 

For stuff I trade/sell (yup, I'm THAT into it, lol) I do have several large binders in my office for coupons that I recieve from companies (by emailing them) but most of my inserts that are un-cut are filed away by week.

GL and have fun with it!!

• Loading the player...
  • I was wondering where to begin, too. Thank you for posting this!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"