Cincinnati Babies

Please rec your NKY pedi

Nicholas had his 2 yr. appt. today and our his pedi informed me that he is changing practices and now will be north of Dayton (we were already driving to Kenwood from NKY).  So, now I have to find a new one.  SO bummed because he truly cared about N and I could always contact him via email when I had questions.

If you would rec your pedi, please do and also why you like him/her.

TIA!

Re: Please rec your NKY pedi

• I can tell you who my pedi is but at this point in time I wouldn't really recommend the office :( it's not him, he's great, it's the staff.

Last year our pedi stopped taking private health insurance (swtiched to medicaid only).  I have no idea why... but we had to switch since we have health insurance and not medicaid.

I had a seriously hard time finding anyone who was taking new patients... went through about 8 offices before I found 1 that would take us.  Everyone I talked to was only accepting newborns of first time moms... I had a baby on the way but was completely shut out because of my other kids...

The office that finally took us only did so because I pleaded with the doctor (pointing out that my children were not going to have a doctor in 30 days because we have insurance.. in what world does that seem fair???). Offices kept telling me to take them to a family doctor instead of a pedi but with the medical issues they have it's hard enough... we can't take them to a doctor that doesn't specialize in children.

So yeah, we got in somwhere.. the pedi is great but his nurse is lazy and argumentative.  So we're on the hunt again :(  As much time as we spend at the doctor I can't tolerate that... I don't have unreasonable expectations and I'm not that picky... we used our last pedi for 10 years with no issues ever.

Sorry for turning this into a huge vent... my point is good luck :)  We had a helluva time because I wasn't a pregnant first time mom or new to the area (that was the only other way to get in, if you relocated to NKY).  It was shocking to me that they turn patients away... they didn't even ask how many other kids I had or if they had medical issues... it was always "is this your first child" "sorry we can only take newborns of first time moms, bye"

I got some great reco's here... but they just wouldn't take us.  I hope you have way better luck than we did.

• My SIL uses Pediatric Associates of NKY and is very happy. One of the nurse pract. is the kids' aunt, so that helps. :-)
    image Ready to rumble.
  • Loading the player...
  • hannah - could you have your cardiologist call the doc at the practice you want to make a case for you???

That is awful.

Also, i would start lying and saying due to a recent move (in this case, pedi not you but don't be that specific) and set up an appointment and once you are an established patient, then have the records transferred.

• We go to Pediatric Care of NKY, not sure of their policy on new patients, but I always request Dr Ramesh or Dr Chuck Kelly. They are my favs. Heard good things about the other Dr Kelly too. THey have a website. It escapes me at this moment but you can google it.

• we go to st. luke pediatrics at st. luke west.  we've seen different doctors every time, but they're all been really great.
  • Bishop & Associates in Florence.

We see Dr Berger, but we've also seen Dr Burchell-Young, and really liked her as well.
  • I work for Cincinnati Children's Hospital at the Outpatient KY location in the lab, I deal with Doctor's offices all over NKY. I chose to go with Pediatric Associate's of NKY after working with them and their patients for 3 years before getting PG. The doctors there are super and so easy to talk to, they are extremely informative and caring. I have never had a problem getting an appt., or having an on-call Dr. return a phone call. Ayden's primary is Dr. Mark Deis, but all of the docs in the practice are pretty amazing! If you call the office, ask for Tranara Bell, she is the office manager and in charge of new patients, I'm sure they will take you since your physician is leaving the area.

Which doc is it that's leaving the area, if you don't mind my asking.

• Thanks for the recs.  It seems like it's very difficult to find doctors in this area, both for adults and kids. 

Danilee - His name is Dr. Wehrmeyer.  He is currently up in Kenwood. 

• We go to Pediatric Associates, and I have loved all of the doctors I've seen so far.  I've never heard a bad thing about them, and the doctors are great about really sitting down and listening/talking in plain English when you have questions.  I'd highly recommend them.  We go to the Thomas More Parkway office, but there are others.

Brady 7/29/2009 Avery 4/1/2011
  • image424bride:

Thanks for the recs.  It seems like it's very difficult to find doctors in this area, both for adults and kids. 

Danilee - His name is Dr. Wehrmeyer.  He is currently up in Kenwood. 

Thanks! I just wanted to see if it was a doctor whose patients we see often! GL!

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"