Secondary IF

New to board - considering IUI. Care to share?

Hello there. A bit about me: I'm 38, conceived DS with no trouble, been checked and seem to have no physical problems for me or DH... just no pregnancy. We have been actively trying for a year for #2 and are going to give IUI a shot. (And that's as far as we plan to go.) Anyone care to offer any testimonials? Success? Fail?

I'd love to hear your stories. Thanks!

: )

BB 

Re: New to board - considering IUI. Care to share?

• Butterbean....I'm 38 as well and just did my first IUI.  It was really bizare laying there thinking that I may be conceiving a child right then and there and my H was miles away!

It was painless and quick.  I was in and out in about 30 minutes.  As time gets closer and you have specific questions, ask away.

There is a TTC after 35 board as well that you may want to try out.  : )

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • We have had success twice with IUI. I would keep in your mind however that it may take a few shots for it to work! Don't get frustrated if it doesn't on the first time. That being said, some women DO have luck the first time around!

I am a big fan of the procedure!  lol

• Loading the player...
  • We conceived #1 with an IUI on the first try.  It is relatively inexpensive and was quick and mostly painless.  There were several tests and lead up procedures we had to do before the IUI so be sure to call your doc now to get the ball rolling!  GL!!!
  • Thanks. Had appt with the RE this morning for one last test (HSG - the dye thingy) and of course I was perfectly normal. So I have to call him next month on the 1st day of Aunt Flo to get the Clomid rolling.

Also, I forgot to mention that we have tried Clomid before and no result, so I'll be anxious to see how this "deposit" makes a difference. Unfortunately, it is OOP for us so it is kind of an expense for us. I PRAY that we have a result with one shot of IUI (although I'll admit that might be unrealistic.) We'll just have to see.

I will stay in touch!

BB 

• We went through 6 IUI's to get the babies, but in the end it was so worth it :) Good luck!
    photo 203b9128-895f-464c-a378-ff73eaf8c1ce_zps4de57ab1.jpg
    Xander, Hayden & Lily 5 1/2 and Jericho 3 My Blog!
  • I'm no IUI expert but I wanted to welcome you to the board!
    Mom to Harmon 1/17/08 and twins Rachel & Callum 8/28/09 Photobucket 29o0v13.jpg
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"