Just found out I have GD — The Bump
High-Risk Pregnancy

Just found out I have GD

I see that alot of women on this board have GD.  My doctor's office called me late yesterday with the results of my 3 hour glucose test.  I failed. Tongue Tied  I have an appointment first thing tomorrow morning with the nutrionist, but as of right now I feel very frustrated and confused.  I honestly don't know what I should be eating.  I've cut out the cokes and sweet tea and trying to eat more protein and less carbs.  Do anyone of you have suggestions or meal and snack ideas to share?  Thanks!

Re: Just found out I have GD

• I only have 30 g of carbs per meal (breakfast, lunch, dinner) and 15 g of carbs per snack.

So until you see her just have everything whole wheat and no white breads/pastas. 

I think carbs are more important than sugar.. My levels go up a lot faster if i eat extra carbs than if i have something sweet.

good luck and if you go through these posts you will see a lot of food ideas 

remember -first week is the worst b/c you are just lost but after that it gets much easier. 

• Loading the player...
  • The nutrionist will go through a diet with you. And since you are going tomorrow I would try to not stress about what you eat today.

1 carb serving is 15g - Our bodies handle carbs less efficently in the morning vs. afternoon.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards