Pregnant after 35

3 hour gluscose: fail...sort of... may be graphic

My fasting # was fine (89). Got the drink, the fruit punch 100mg. I didn't realize it went to 100 nor that I got fruit punch...couldn't I have the orange again,please?

Not long after finishing it the belly started rumbling and I had a couple of burps. never a good sign, at least it hasn't been since I've been pg. About 30 minutes into it. The first round of projectile came. yeah it isn't just for babies anymore. I think the fact that the food network was what they always have on in the office def. played a role in it. Dh and I were in the elevator to go outside so I wouldn't have to listen to it anymore when it came in my mouth. Got to the lobby, through the one set of doors, and ...yeah. Got no further. At least I was wearing black pants and a pink shirt. it hides the punch pretty well.

So we go back up and the I tell the girl at the desk, I got sick. I didn't lose a lot of the drink, but enough I'm sure it would make a difference. She said she'd tell the nurse doing the monitoring and that she, the nurse, would come out and talk to me. Well, about 10 minutes before my hour was up, i had to run and up came the rest that was still in my stomach. Right afterwards the nurse called me back. They hadn't even told her that I had gotten sick! She still tested me (189) which is a bit over the passing for 1 hour, not by much but still over. I can only imagine the # had i kept it all down. Taking in to account that 1 hour # and the 1 hour # I had during the 1 hour test, I requested not to have to take it again or continue, but just to do the diet. I"m not sure how they would have proceeded had I not said that, but anyway....

I got see the Dietitian/Nutrition counselor tomorrow morning.  The part I'm gonna hate the most is testing myself. I'd be fine with DH doing it, but it's so much harder doing it yourself. I was given a shet with some guidelines,food wise, on it. the worst for me is not having fruit for breakfast or as a snack. Thats what i always do! Also to really limit milk...I'm a huge milk and dairy person. it looks like the only thing I can drink is water. i guess I could do diet stuff, but I refuse to use the artifical sweeteners while pg.

So, tomorrow should prove to be interesting. I have a weird sleeping schedule,too so i know that is a problem due to the paper saying how often and how much i should be eating. I SO don't eat that in a day....3 main meals and 2 snacks. I'm lucky if I do 1 mini and 1 main meal a day with a snack or two,which is usually fruit.  Ugh! Can you tell, I still don't really have an appetite from my MS days earlier on?

Wish me luck!
Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: 3 hour gluscose: fail...sort of... may be graphic

• Yuck.  I am sorrry that you had to go through that. 

My MIL is a dietician and deals with GD patients all of the time.   This past spring I was having issues with my blood sugar plummeting during my workouts and she helped me come up with a plan and taught me to use a blood sugar monitor.  I am a complete wimp when it comes to needles and yet I had no issues testing myself.  You get used to it after a couple of tries.  I actually find it harder for someone else to stick me now instead of me doing it since I know when to expect the prick. 

Good Luck.  

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker BabyFruit Ticker
  • Oh man that sounds awful! so sorry youhad to endure that. I hope everything turns out OK.

and what is it with the dr's offices playing Food Network?? Mine does the same thing!

click the pic (blog)
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Yeah, the Food network at the GYN office doesn't make sense for pg women. Either they have MS and the thought nauseates them or they are Starvin' Marvins! Dh was saying that HGTV would have made more sense or even DIY.
  • Ugh...so sorry you rowlfed Ick!

I remember before my one hour, my doc warned me about drinking too fast - that it made her sick.  I passed my one hour, so I'm so glad I didn't have to endure the 3 hour, which I'm sure is soooo much more of the drink.

Good luck on the new diet!

• It's still 10 oz, but double the glucose. n the begining of the pregnancy one reason I shyed away from sweets was it me me even more nauseous. I had no problem with the 1hour drink so I didn't think the 3 hour one would bother me either. Now I know why all these ladies end up going home instead of to work afterward. Even after getting sick, it made me loop in the head.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"