South Florida Babies

18 month old feeding schedule

hi all!

mady will be 18 months on oct. 18th and was wondering what your feeding schedules/meal plans were at around that time frame.

mady's meals go something like this:

8am - 8 oz milk

9am - breakfast

11:30am - snack

12-2pm - nap

2pm - lunch

5pm - snack

7pm - dinner with 8oz milk

(that's what we have now but was wondering if i should push her lunch before her nap and if i do then what do i do about snacks? how many snacks is average at that age?)

thx!

imageimageBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: 18 month old feeding schedule

• oh and btw with her snacks or lunch she sometimes has milk with instead of water or juice....how much milk is/did your 18 mth old have/having?
  • Zoe is 18 months tomorrow! She gets between 10-15oz of milk a day. Sometimes her afternoon snack has milk too, depends on her mood, but i dont push it cause she gets calcium with yogurt at breakfast and cheese with lunch.

8am breakfast with 5oz milk

10am snack with water

12pm lunch with water

2pm snack with water

5pm dinner with 6oz milk

• Loading the player...
  • imageMelanieJH1016:

Zoe is 18 months tomorrow! She gets between 10-15oz of milk a day. Sometimes her afternoon snack has milk too, depends on her mood, but i dont push it cause she gets calcium with yogurt at breakfast and cheese with lunch.

8am breakfast with 5oz milk

10am snack with water

12pm lunch with water

2pm snack with water

5pm dinner with 6oz milk

can you believe we are ALMOST mommies to 1.5 yr old girls??

i see you are still doing 3 meals a day + 2 snacks...when im packing her food for her nanny's house it seems like so much food though lol

• The last 6 months have FLOWN! It is crazy!!!!  I think 3 meals and 2 snacks is normal. She's starting preschool tomorrow 2 days a week, and they give her a morning and afternoon snack and I pack her lunch, so her feeding schedule won't change at all.
  • 3 meals and 2 snacks is normal...DD is 2 next month and still has Breakfast at 9ish, lunch at noon, nap at 1 then snack at 3 and dinner around 6-630.

SO were doing 3 meals and 1 snack...Juice or milk with ea. meal.

• Nicky's schedule has more or less been the same since he was a year old.

He wakes up at 6:30 ish, I change his diaper, I make coffee and he gets an 8 oz sippy of milk to drink around 7:00.  Breakfast is at 7:30. Lunch with juice is at 11:30.  A snack with juice is at 3:00 and Dinner with an 8 oz of milk is at 6:30.

Up until a few months ago he got another cup of milk with some cookies before bed, but he started peeing through the overnite diaper, so we cut out liquids after dinner.

Also now that he can actually ask for what he wants, if he asks for milk at any time during the day, I give it to him.

• Alexis has been on this schedule for several months:

8am ish sippy of milk when she wakes up

breakfast an hour later

if she's hungry or we're out, i'll give her goldfish or cheerios as a snack

lunch around noon with juice or water

sippy of milk 2pm

nap 2 - 4 or so (sometimes it's 2:30 - 4:30, or 3-5, etc)

snack when she gets up

dinner with juice or water 6:30 or 7

milk before bed at 8

8:30 bedtime 

I'm not too strict about it and I regularly go with the flow - if she seems hungry, then she gets more snack or earlier snack.  If she's not hungry or we're out, then lunch will be later or snack later or dinner, etc.  But the basics are 3 meals a day - 1 real snack and 1 light snack and 3 sippies of milk.  

image image

• imageMrsLeanna:

Alexis has been on this schedule for several months:

8am ish sippy of milk when she wakes up

breakfast an hour later

if she's hungry or we're out, i'll give her goldfish or cheerios as a snack

lunch around noon with juice or water

sippy of milk 2pm

nap 2 - 4 or so (sometimes it's 2:30 - 4:30, or 3-5, etc)

snack when she gets up

dinner with juice or water 6:30 or 7

milk before bed at 8

8:30 bedtime 

I'm not too strict about it and I regularly go with the flow - if she seems hungry, then she gets more snack or earlier snack.  If she's not hungry or we're out, then lunch will be later or snack later or dinner, etc.  But the basics are 3 meals a day - 1 real snack and 1 light snack and 3 sippies of milk.  

thanks for this! mady and lexi have the same wake up/bed time schedule so this helps :)

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"