Upstate NY Babies
Options

stripping your membranes

Ok Ive seen it on Tv discussed and seen it mentioned here- but what exactly are they doing and the bigger question is does it hurt?

do they always do it? 

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: stripping your membranes

• Options
    I didn't have it done...and I have only heard it mentioned on the boards (no one I know IRL has mentioned it.) I have no idea what it is!!
  • Options

I always used to cringe when I heard someone talk about this.  And I never really wanted to know what it was all about unless I needed to have it done.  I never did thankfully!!  For some reason I think I remember Gibbysgal having it done so I'd ask her.  Not sure why I remember this though :o)

Lilypie Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    My dr didn't and I was a week late.
  • Options
    They did this at my last appointment on Monday.  The only reason she did it was I was dilated to 2 and starting to have contractions.  She told me I am in early labor.  It didn't hurt but was uncomfortable, but not anymore then an internal exam.  It is not guaranteed to start labor either.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    I had it done. It's just uncomfortable.  It is basically moving the amniotic sac off of the cervix.  It takes 30 seconds.
  • Options
    I had it done w/ Charlie. I won't be having it done again. It made my pre-labor way way worse & made it hard to rest up for when labor really started.
    Photobucket
    Charlie 11.01.07 ~ Paul 05.07.10 ~ Annaliese 02.24.12
  • Options
    I had it done at 40 weeks and it did nothing. I had it done again at 41 weeks and my water broke the next day. Like pp's said- it's uncomfortable but quick.
    imageimageLilypie Fourth Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"