Multiples
Options

NSTs/monitoring babies-

did they have a ton of trouble keeping your LOs' heartbeats?  They are fine and there, just hard to keep track of!

Nurse last week went so far as to giggle and say it was going to be an "annoying" labor because it is so hard to keep my 2 babies heartrates on the monitors and not just pick up baby B the whole time on both.  (annoying for nurses and me I'm assuming... I wasn't mad she was really sweet and funny about it).  She literally had to sit with me for 20 minutes and keep her hand pressed on baby A's monitor the whole time to pick up her heartbeat because she is kind of behind her sister...  did this happen to you guys too?

Re: NSTs/monitoring babies-

• Options

yep...sometimes I have to hold the monitors and press hard on them the entire 20-30 minutes! sometimes they even manage to kick them while I'm holding the monitors!.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    No idea how far you are, I'm almost 28w and had my first yesterday and it was so hard to keep Baby B's heart on the monitor (had to keep readjusting), and then we couldn't get Baby A to register for more than 5 seconds.  The nurses said that right now there's still so much room for them to move around, hopefully as they get bigger they'll be stuck in one position more or less.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    omg. it was a NIGHTMARE. just be glad it's only two. :)
    How to tell my boys apart

The different types of twins and triplets

Jack, Sydney and Carynne, Annaleigh, JW, Eden...forever in our hearts.
    My blog * We made the national news!
  • Options
    Yes it was really hard.
  • Options
    Totally.  Either one or the other would move from under the monitor constantly.  They hate being strapped down.  I haven't had one in a few weeks and I am not looking forward to it.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    2 chem preg, 4 failed IUIs, 2 canc IVFs, 2 BFN IVFs, IVF #5 = BFP!!!
    3/23 Beta #1 @ 17dpo = 913, Beta #2 @ 19dpo = 1724, Beta #3 @ 21 dpo = 3240
    First u/s 3/29 @ 5 weeks 2 days - 3 sacs 6 weeks 3 days - 3 heartbeats 8 Weeks - Lost Baby C, Babies A and B going strong
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    Haha glad it's not just me and my girls!  (I'm 33 weeks)
  • Options
    They had to monitor my babies twice a day for an hour while I was in the hospital in bedrest from weeks 22-29.  Baby A was lower and usually pretty easy to keep on the monitor, but Baby B was ALWAYS running away.  The alarm was constantly going off for the nurse to come back in and find her again.  However, when I went back into the hospital at 35w6d and was on continuous monitoring, both babies stayed on the the monitors pretty well.  Guess they were too squished to go anywhere!
    After 20 months TTC with PCOS, we were blessed with twins!
    They arrived at 36 weeks after PTL and bedrest for 14 weeks. Lilypie Third Birthday tickers image
    imageimage
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"