Cincinnati Babies

Finally got some great news and PIP!!

I know some of you have already read my updates via facebook (and are probably tired of hearing about it!) but I thought I would post here as well.

Lillian's cast change was yesterday (very early) morning.  She was put under, they took the cast off, cleaned her up (thank God...we have the smelly baby!), made two small incisions to inject dye, looked at the position of her hips and hip sockets and then recasted her.  This procedure was far easier on her than the first.  She wasn't in nearly as much pain and more than anything, was hungry and wanted to eat as soon as we were allowed back into recovery to see her.  The Dr. came in and we got the best news possible...her hips are stiff (good), they are staying in place and he is very happy with the way everything looked.  When he said that, I looked up at my DH and he had tears in his eyes.  I can't explain to you the relief and sheer excitement we felt and are still feeling!  We still have a bit of a road ahead of us but this initial news is very, very good.  We are thrilled.

They did a follow up MRI soon after her procedure just to make sure everything stayed in place in her new cast.  She actually fell asleep during it and if you've ever had an MRI you know how loud they are (do they make sound machines with an MRI sound?!).  Everything looked good on the MRI so we were released to go home.

Lil is in great spirits...maybe her new cast is more comfortable.  It's a little more roomy.  She will be in this cast for five weeks and once that comes off (the biggest day of our lives!) she will be in a brace for about six months.

Thank you for all your continued thoughts and prayers.  We are so appreciative.  We continue to thank God for our little girl and are in awe of how strong and brave she is!

Here are some pics from yesterday!

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: Finally got some great news and PIP!!

• oops...don't know why this pic didn't show up in OP

• That gave me the chills!!! What great news, and I am so happy to hear that she seems more comfortable.  Hoping the next weeks 5 weeks fly by and this all becomes a memory!

• Loading the player...
  • Awww - YAY for Lil and YAY for good news!  For some reason, your post just made me cry.  I am so happy to hear that she is in good spirits - she is such a trooper (as are you and your DH for staying positive through it all)!  LOL at the MRI sound machine. 

BTW, She looked cute in pink, but purple might definitely be "her" color. 

• I am in tears!  I am so happy for you and so great to hear that yesterday went so much better.  I am also LOVING the purple!!!
  • Sounds like a lot of great news for you guys! Glad it's going well.
    Charlie 8.06.08
    Emeline 5.28.13

My Blog

Post-Baby PRs
    Esri 5K 7.16.2014 - 21:30
    Heart Half Marathon 3.16.2014 - 1:43:30
    Canton City Marathon 9.8.14 - 3:30:56
  • I'm so glad things went/are going well! I agree, the purple looks great!
  • So glad it went well, I love the purple cast.  5 weeks is going to go by so fast!  I'm glad she did so well during her cast change and MRI.  So much for such a little baby to go through.  I think you and your DH are so strong for keeping it together through all of this!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Fantastic! She's so brave. And you are too.
    image Ready to rumble.
  • I'm so glad to hear things went so well!  This will be over before you know it!  Way to Lil (and you guys too!)
    Kristen & Mike 7/2005
    Griffin 10/2007
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker BabyFruit Ticker
  • I'm so glad everything went well! Shes such a strong little girl, Amazing!
  • That is great news!  I'm so happy for you guys.  Way to go, Lillian!
  • that is fantastic news! i know i'm not tired of hearing your updates! Big Smile Lil is such a brave and strong little girl! it's awesome that you got such great news!
  • Aw, I'm so happy to hear the good news!  Hopefully these 5 weeks will go by super fast & then one day this will all be a faded memory! 

Michelle

• Great news!  Seeing the pics of your sweet little babe in that cast brings me to tears.  What a strong baby (and mommy).
  • aaawww! I just want to kiss her and hug her!!!!!!

yay!!!!!!

• such a brave little girl!  i'm so glad that you got good news, and i agree that purple is definitely her color!
  • What great news! She is such a brave little girl!
    imageLilypie Fourth Birthday tickers Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • I am so, so happy to hear your great news! You're all handling this all so well. I've been thinking about you.

Photo by Melissa Nicole Photography

imageimage
  • Gotta love that good news!  Hope the next 5 weeks speed by for all of you.
    ~Amanda
    Mom to Lily Gayle 4.25.06 Charlotte Kathleen 3.27.09 Samuel Thomas ~8.4.12~
    Image and video hosting by TinyPicLilypie Kids Birthday tickersLilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
  • That is great news.  I saw your pics on FB.  I am so happy to hear that she seems more comfy in the new cast, and that you are seeing an end in sight.  I like the purple!
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
  • I am so very happy to hear that everything went so well!  Congratulations!  Hears hoping that the next 5 weeks go as smoothly!!!
    Mr & Mrs - 10/15/05
    Elijah Matthew - 5/3/07 ~ Adalyn Rosemary - 3/23/11
    imageimage
    *Photos by Kacy Cierley*
    Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickersLilypie First Birthday tickers
  • I am so happy for you guys!  I had tears in my eyes reading your post.  I hope the next 5 weeks FLY by for you guys.  I was thinking about you guys yesterday. 

Love the purple! 

• aww!  Great news!  Keep up the good work!
    Jennie Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Congrats on the great news. I am sure it was music to your ears to hear how great things are going.

You are so close to this being a distant memory!! Smile So proud of her for being so strong (and you too!!)

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie Maternity tickers image
  • Yay!  I'm so glad to hear that things are moving along well for Miss Lil!  These next 5 weeks will fly by and this whole ordeal will become a distant memory!
    imageimage
    Photos courtesy of Jen Rose Photography
    Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"