Stay at Home Moms
Options

Toddler eating is a cruel joke

Ugh- every time she teeths she goes into this picky eating like a bird phase. It is tiring to figure out what she will actually eat and drink.

usually she is a good eater- but the past week has been horrible. she it cutting two top teeth and i can understand not wanting to eat.

DH feeds DD dinner four nights a week because i am in class. He texted me yesterday that she wanted the Pringles that he was eating. ugh- come on DH.

Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Re: Toddler eating is a cruel joke

• Options
    I'm right there with you.  Stella has barely eaten anything the past few days.
  • Options
    Alaina does the same thing. I admit, she's had gerber cheese puffs and a fruit cup for dinner a few times. I just try to give her a little of everything in hopes she'll take something, but she's not much of a gainer so I'm not going to send her to bed with no dinner.
    imageimageLilypie Fourth Birthday tickersLilypie Premature Baby tickers
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

Ugh... I feel like I could write an entire book about this topic as it happened on/off in our house for 2 1/2 years, until Emily got all her teeth!  I felt a pang of guilt & regret every time I gave in and allowed her to eat Jell-o, chocolate pudding and grilled cheese sandwiches BUT, like my Pediatrician has always told me; "She's healthy, growing, developing and WILL NOT eat like this forever... besides it won't kill her". 

Hang in there because I promise, it WILL END SOON and that picky eating because of teething will be a thing of the past.  :)

eclaire 9.10.06  diggy 6.2.11

• Options

thank you so much Mrs. S.

i know it won't last forever--- only 14 more teeth to go!!!! ugh.

Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
  • Options
    imageTobeMrs.Shavers:

Ugh... I feel like I could write an entire book about this topic as it happened on/off in our house for 2 1/2 years, until Emily got all her teeth!  I felt a pang of guilt & regret every time I gave in and allowed her to eat Jell-o, chocolate pudding and grilled cheese sandwiches BUT, like my Pediatrician has always told me; "She's healthy, growing, developing and WILL NOT eat like this forever... besides it won't kill her". 

Hang in there because I promise, it WILL END SOON and that picky eating because of teething will be a thing of the past.  :)

Ha!  Because of Parker's caloric needs Emily's meal choices when she was teething sounds like Parker's everyday meals :)   On the upside, Parker loves her some veggies and fruit, so we leave that for dessert because I know she'll eat those no matter how "full" she says she is.  So we're well balanced too!!!....or so I keep telling myself :)

• Options
    All Catiebug has had for breakfast and dinner this week so far is peanut butter & jelly sandwiches.  She flat-out refuses anything else.  She's apparently off water right now too and will only drink milk.  Won't even drink apple juice which just floors me, since about 2 weeks ago she'd easily drink her weight in apple juice.  Crazy kid. 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"