Alabama Babies

Kinda sorta baby related: Photography question

How much should someone who is starting out in the business charge?  The only newborn/children photos she has taken is of her nephew and she is wanting branch out and get more experience in that area.  (She has taken lots of other types of photography however).  She has no clue what to charge, so I thought I'd ask ya'll. 

What would you pay in that situation.  Right now she is looking at taking the pictures and then giving the cd of the images...your choice if she plays around and edits...so for that what would you pay? 

Re: Kinda sorta baby related: Photography question

• I would say a $35-$40 sitting fee would be fair. Maybe $4 per 4x6 proof. $8 per 8x10. My figures are on the cheap side since you said she is just starting out. My photographer charged $100 for a cd with all the images. I thought that was rediculous.
    Married 5/31/08 * TTC#1 9/09 - 2/11
    after anovulatory diagnosis and TTC for 1 1/2yrs with several medicated cycles and one chemical pregnancy, we have our first bundle of joy!
    IT'S A GIRL!
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
    #2 EDD 2/5/13 dx with anti-BIG E antibody, seeing a MFM
    Lilypie Maternity tickers
    VOTE on my Name List
    I don't take one single minute for granted.
  • the girl that took our couples pics and family pics is just starting to make a name for herself in photography too. this is her newborn package

The non-refundable session fee secures your session, covers my time/talent, & includes a 25 image CD.  Sessions typically last 1-2 hours depending on the nature of that session. 

1 Year Baby Package:  $300.00
    includes newborn session, and one session at 3 month, 6 month, 9 month, and 1 year intervals.
    includes 25 custom birth announcements

• Loading the player...
  • and she charges $85 for babies/children

she has a separate pkg for families...

• My friend is trying to get her business up and going too.  Check out her website for her prices.  www.amypphotography.com  Click to enter site, then information.  She has packages and other prices.
    Allie ~ 01/26/09 ~ 7 lbs, 9 oz ~ 20.75 in. & Amelia ~ 03/16/11 ~ 8 lbs, 1 oz ~ 21 in.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"