Upstate NY Babies
Options

do you ever worry?

that your lo isn't as advanced as the book says they should be?  i only pick up the book every couple weeks b/c it wuld drive me crazy.  It saysthat E should be making ma ma and da da sounds . he isn't even close. i know every baby is different but of course I don't want him to be behind

Re: do you ever worry?

• Options
    I used to worry about stuff like that, but honestly, every baby really is different.  My girls developed at such different rates.  Alexis was always ahead and Emily was always behind.  Emily wasn't much of a talker at all until she was 2.  I was so worried that something was wrong, that she wasn't developing mentally, but the doctor told me to calm down and we would see where she was at her next appointment, and sure enough she's fine.  It's like she woke up one day and decided to just talk non-stop, and she hasn't slowed down since.
  • Options

DH did in the beginning. The book said babies follow objects with their eyes at a certain age...and Evan was like a week behind that...so that was a long week for DH...hehe.

We haven't really looked at any milestone books since he was 3 months or so.

He started crawling pretty late I think - 9 months. But in two weeks he was pulling up and then pushing off and trying to stand for a few seconds. So I think he did that a lot faster in comparison. It's kind of all over the place.

And, of course......he still has no teeth.

• Loading the player...
  • Options

I worry when I think about it too much, but then you read all of the things that tell you not to compare your child to other children, and that every child is different...etc.  

DD still doesn't roll over, ever.  She hates to be on her belly and I feel like she just won't ever do it.  Her doctor is completely not concerned, said it's still early.  She also doesn't make any sounds besides "ahhh" or "ooooh", and I read that she "should be" using consonants now.  But my mommy instinct tells me that nothings wrong and everything will come in time.

• Options
    I worry that  will be too lax in noticing the milestones and I might miss something that could be helped with early intervention
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    I dont read the books but i am CONSTANTLY comparing Eve to other babies on here and the bump... Eve does not say mama or dada or baba either..It is my newest worry..  you know.. since her and Ethan ARE THE SAME BABY.. I am sure as soon as one of them does it, the other will the next day.
    Melissa & Jeff 5-27-06
    m/c 1/2/08 and 3/12/08
    Eve Amelia- Born 2/24/09. 6lb 9.9oz
    Natalie Ruth - Born 6/13/11 7lb 6.6oz
    imagebabies
    baby growth
  • Options

In one of my LO's first dr appts, her ped said that he thinks I read too much...I think he may have been right. I kind of had to force myself not to look at each week's development to see how she matched up. It's funny bc I was just thinking about this driving into work this morning..that I put so much thought into development and within the past couple weeks she's grown sooo much, now she babbles dada and baba all the time, rocks on all fours like crazy, crawls backwards and got her first tooth. It's funny because now I almost wish she'd slow down bc I just want her to stay just like she is...she's growing up too fast!

• Options
    I never read the books either. I just kind of keep tabs on what the other babies on the boards are up to and Charlie seems to fall into the range.
    Photobucket
    Charlie 11.01.07 ~ Paul 05.07.10 ~ Annaliese 02.24.12
  • Options
    I did, especially because he was born early and was so afraid that I had done something to him (yes, I was a very paranoid mommy in the early days). I hated seeing that others' babies were smiling and cooing, and he wasn't, etc. etc. Now, I'm a bit more laid back. There are times when I wish he had more words, but it's mainly out of frustration of not knowing what he wants, because "Eh" can mean 10,000 things at this point.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"