Parenting after a Loss

Has anyone given up dairy if you bf?

I am thinking this may be my next step. We had a better night last night but Cora was still up from 2am on with gas. The only thing I ate that may have caused a problem is cheese. I love my cheese:(

Re: Has anyone given up dairy if you bf?

• Maybride did... but she doesn't come on this board much anymore.
    imageBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I have given up some dairy. I don't eat sourcream any more because DD doesn't tolerate it well.
  • Loading the player...
  • i did and it worked but i lost too much weight and the ped had me try it again and by that time ds could tolerate it. i wouldn't recommend doing it if LO doesn't have a confirmed allergy to it, you need all the calcium you can get when you are bfing and its a hard diet to maintain.
  • I cut out drinking milk and I have greatly limited my dairy intake in other foods.  I found that when I would have a glass of milk DD was sooo horrible with gas pains and upset stomach.  She would scream for hours and hours..it was terrible.  Since cutting out milk she is a completely different baby. 

I will say it was hard work, but to not have her screaming in pain anymore is definitely worth it. 

• I may need to do the elimination diet.  if i do, I will post my experience.  may have to start next week
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • I did :( And cheese is my favorite food! It sucks but it's definitely helping. Plus, I'm hoping it will help speed up my PP weight loss! :)

edit: I don't drink milk, or eat cheese/butter/ice cream or any other dairy product but I will still eat items that contain dairy, as long as it's not one of the main ingredients. It seems to be working well.

• imageshortyran:

I did :( And cheese is my favorite food! It sucks but it's definitely helping. Plus, I'm hoping it will help speed up my PP weight loss! :)

edit: I don't drink milk, or eat cheese/butter/ice cream or any other dairy product but I will still eat items that contain dairy, as long as it's not one of the main ingredients. It seems to be working well.

Ditto all of this. I cheated yesterday though and had a slice of pizza! Bad me. For us, DD's spitting up decreased to almost nothing (wish I had done it sooner for this effect). I think it's helping keep her eczema from flaring up, too. I take a calcium supplement to make up for the missing cheese.

• I did, for about 4 months.   It actually wasn't as bad as I would have thought (and I looooove all things dairy!) because it was for her.   Although, I don't really think she actually had (has?) a dairy allergy.   Anyway, I ate a lot of fruit and carbs and I lost a ton of weight too (that I couldn't really afford to lose, so I was too thin).   So, just kind of keep an eye on yourself to make sure you are doing okay.   I was very strict with all milk based products, reading every single label.   I did eat soy products like soy butter and soy milk, which were a good substitute (but many babies with milk intolerance also don't handle soy well, so this isn't an option for some people).   Honestly, aside from needing to do it for her, it was kind of good to see how many things you can still eat - I made mashed potatoes with chicken broth instead of butter and milk, and they were even better!   I also made corn on the cob with olive oil which was also super yummy.   Good luck!
    Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"