Secondary IF
Options

Newbie - Intro and please help :)

Hi Ladies,

This is my first post here, but I have been "lurking" for the past month.  My husband and I have been trying for about a year.  I just took my first cycle of Clomid, and I'm confused.  I have only been charting for 3 months, so it's still new to me.  I didn't think I ovulated, so I plugged it into fertility friend, and it says I ovulated on CD 12.  I started using OPKs on CD 10, and got a positive on CD 13.  I was on Clomid from CD 5-9.  The timing just doesn't make sense to me.  Not to mention that we probably missed our chance if it was actually CD12 :(  Can someone please take a look at my chart and provide me with some feedback?  Thanks in advance ladies!

https://www.fertilityfriend.com/home/154f48

ETA: I was diagnosed with low progesterone, and use natural progesterone cream to supplement if that makes any difference.  Thanks!

Re: Newbie - Intro and please help :)

• Options

Welcome!  It looks like you could have O'd on CD 14, and you just don't have enough temps in there yet to confirm.  Did you use OPK's or track CM?

imageimageimageimage m/c at 8w4d - 10/2/09 baby girl Ruth Elise
  • Options
    Thanks for your response!  I used OPKs and got a positive on CD13.  CM was relatively non existent this cycle (I'm assuming from the Clomid??), but we did use pre-seed.  I guess I'm expecting to see more of a jump, and I don't see it.  Also since Fertility friend says I o'd on CD 12 I'm really confused.  Thanks!!
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Since you got a + on CD 13, I would guess you did O on CD14.  Give it a few more days to see if FF will change your O date.  You probably already put in your + OPK, but if not be sure to put it in and your crosshairs will go from dashed to solid when it changes your O day. :)  Good luck!
  • Options
    Thanks!  Do other people have such a small temp shift?  It's barely there :(
  • Options

imagejulielovestom:
    Thanks!  Do other people have such a small temp shift?  It's barely there :(

Everyone is so different.  In my experience, every cycle could be different.  If you O'd on CD 14, I suspect you'll see a jump in the next few days. 

If I were you, I'd keep taking OPK's.  It's possible to get more than one + OPK per cycle.  Your body will gear up to O and then just not go through with it.  Then a few days later it'll gear up to O again. 

Take a look through FF's chart gallery.  I always found that helpful.

• Options

Hey,

Welcome and I thought I would throw out my opinions as well.If you got your 1st positive opk on cd13, you will likely O cd14 or 15.  That's awesome, right on the days you should be!

I just started using FF without temps but from what I have heard on this board it can be a little off. Especially when you have not charted long enough for it to see a pattern. I know of times where FF has said someone's O date was a certain day and then changed it later in the month to a different day. I would stick with the opk reading and BD around cd14 (if it's not already past).

Goodluck and happy humping! 

Our Girls
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
    AquinnahDori
    "Just keep swimming, just keep swimming..."
  • Options

First off, WELCOME Smile

You either have yet to O or have O'd on CD 14 (although there is not enough evidence yet to verify this).

Sometimes you can have a positive OPK but not O.  It means your body is close but couldn't do it.  I would trust the charting more.

Mom to Harmon 1/17/08 and twins Rachel & Callum 8/28/09 Photobucket 29o0v13.jpg
  • Options
    I also think you O'd on CD14 as well and I bet after a few more days of temps FF will give you crosshairs there.  My temp shift was more often than not very gradual and barely above the coverline for a few days before it spiked more.  I relied heavily on OPK's.  And since you said you have low Progesterone anyway...it might be better to rely on OPK's, since progesterone is what causes temp to rise.  GL
    Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickersLilypie Premature Baby tickers Beta #1 9/23= 81 on 10dpo 1st u/s 10/1/09=too early 2nd u/s scheduled for 10/14/09=3 heartbeats...OMG 2 BOYS & a GIRL!!!! Triplets born 33w,4 d due to PRE-E 4 pounds, 5 oz. each Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options
    I thought I would add:  you can go in and put in a temp for a day ahead and play with it to see if it would give you crosshairs if your temp continues to rise since.  Or you can wait it out ;)  I'm not very good at this. 
    Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickersLilypie Premature Baby tickers Beta #1 9/23= 81 on 10dpo 1st u/s 10/1/09=too early 2nd u/s scheduled for 10/14/09=3 heartbeats...OMG 2 BOYS & a GIRL!!!! Triplets born 33w,4 d due to PRE-E 4 pounds, 5 oz. each Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options
    Thanks ladies!  I wish this was easier to understand :(  Thanks for all of your comments!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"