Breastfeeding
Options

Recommend a breast pump please

Hey ladies. I am planning to BF but am not sure the best choice out there for pumps. Any advice you can share on whether hands-free is worth it and what the difference is between some of the other non-hands-free pumps, which seem to range from $60 to $250, would be really helpful. I plan to pump after I return to work, so portability and other convenient features are important. Thanks!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: Recommend a breast pump please

• Options
    i have the lansinoh (ameda purely yours) while it works great and is a great price, i also purchased a medela manual for the diaper bag/car/emergencies, and that seems to work much better, so i *think* you get what you pay for and perhaps the expensive electric medela's may work better than my lansinoh pump
    Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • Options
    I have the lansinoh and don't have any complaints. I pump at least twice a day and more than that on the days I work. I bought a hands free strap from pumping pal and use that when I am at work. I think it was like $10. If I am nursing her and pumping the other I just use 2 hair bands to hold the pump on my bra/tank. It works very well for me and all fits in a small diaper bag.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I used the Medela and PISA for 1 year and was really happy with it.  When I returned to work I was pumping 3 times a day (gradually dropping down to 1 pump session before stopping).  I never had a problem with it.  I pumped at a desk, so I didn't need a handsfree option, I could prop the bottles against the desk, which allowed me to talk on the phone, read, use the computer, etc.
  • Options
    I highly recommend the Medela PISA (shoulder bag).  I have not tried a hands-free pump but I've heard from others on here that you can make or buy a hands-free bra and use it with any double electric pump.  I have tried a hospital grade rental Ameda pump and didn't like it as much as the Medela.  To me the Medela is more portable, discreet, efficient, and comfortable than the Ameda I used.  I only pump for 10 min 3x/day at work and it works very well.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    My pump in style is awesome...it is quick and easy.
  • Options

I recommend the Medela Freestyle.

You can get it online at https://www.addalittlelove.com/ (around $275)

I love how small and portable it is. The pump itself is about a pound vs. the 5+ that the others are.

The bag it comes with doesn?t scream ?breast pump?, and the pump itself can fit into a purse if you want to.

I LOVE the ?let down? button and the easy adjusting on the pump, no dials to adjust separately.

It?s strong too! I used the Lactina hospital pump and I thought the Freestyle was better!

It?s hands-free (not that big of a deal, you can use any pumping bra or this trick https://www.kellymom.com/bf/pumping/hands-free-pumping.html ) but being able to move around with the pump was a plus!

It uses a rechargeable battery, and I only have to charge it once every 7-10 days.

Like any Medela pump, you can pump into the $1 Gerber bottles and can use any size flanges.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"