Breastfeeding
Options

need a little advice

My LO is 2 weeks old today.  He has been gaining weight at a good clip and breastfeeding really well - he would take each side for 10 or 15 minutes pretty consistently.  Today, he was pretty fussy and I'm not sure if it was because of his trip to the pedi.

He would latch and suck for 5 minutes, then fall asleep.  I "burped"  him to try to wake him and even changed him to make him more alert but when we'd go back to nursing, he'd fall right to sleep again.  After sleeping 21/2 hours, I expected he'd be really hungry but he did the same thing.  Then, he spit up quite a bit.  He's sleeping now and hasn't been crying or showing signs of discomfort.

Any thoughts?  Do LOs just have days where they eat less?  Maybe I'm worrying for nothing.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: need a little advice

• Options
    Sometimes B has days where it seems that he is not eating all that often. How was the number of poop and pee diapers today?
  • Options

Babies don?t eat the same all of the time, I would also undress my LO and change his diaper to try and wake him up so that he would finish feeding sometimes it worked and sometimes it didn?t.  You can try changing positions so that he is not as comfortable and also a towel not cold but not worm on the foot to wake him up.   

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"