Miscarriage/Pregnancy Loss

ping

I posted a response in your post below. I agree with people who are pregnant should not post fishing things about pregnancy here because they will not find out good news. However, the part of people with pics of babies....I have to disagree. I have a dd and then 3 mc's in 1 year with 3 D & E's and a diagnosis of secondary infertility. I certainly think I deserve a seat here with a pic of my dd. I have unfortunately been on here for the past year. Correct me if I am wrong or out of line on this!

Re: ping

• I just responded, see pp. You absolutely deserve a seat here.

BFP#1 1/27/09 :: Natural m/c 2/6/09 @ 6w
    BFP#2 5/11/09 :: Natural m/c 5/27/09 @ 5w5d
    BFP#3 7/24/09 :: Missed m/c, baby stopped growing at 6w4d :: natural m/c 8/28/09 @ 8w6d
    BFP #4 11/27/09 :: DD born 7/27/10
    BFP #5 2/29/12 :: DD born 11/6/12

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Glad this didn't mean me because I would start to cry. I NEED you ladies!
  • Loading the player...
  • Can I butt in?  I don't get the gut reaction from your DDs pic that I get from some others.  I think it's because she's a little girl and not a baby anymore.  When I fantasized about my baby I imagined a baby.  Newborn to 1 year tops.  I don't think that I'm unusual in that.  That's why pics of newborns are so hard to handle, because it's what you've been dreaming about but has been taken from you.  Does that make sense?  Maybe it's just me. 

If I were someone who had MCd recently and had a newborn/infant I would post here if I needed support.  I just wouldn't have a pic of my baby in my siggy.  I would probably do something similar to cowgirl:  a link to a pic of my kiddo.  That way I'd be able to show off my baby while still being thoughtful of the very raw feelings of my friends on this board.

• In no way did I mean to exclude people from posting here. My intention was just to bring awareness to those who are newer, that things that are said and/or pics can be unsettling to those who are here. Obviously people can do what they want, it just may become less of a support for those experiencing a loss. We're all here to support eachother & I just wanted to point out some things that have been mentioned many times before, that some things may not be viewed as supportive as some may think.
    BFP#1 1/27/09 :: Natural m/c 2/6/09 @ 6w
    BFP#2 5/11/09 :: Natural m/c 5/27/09 @ 5w5d
    BFP#3 7/24/09 :: Missed m/c, baby stopped growing at 6w4d :: natural m/c 8/28/09 @ 8w6d
    BFP #4 11/27/09 :: DD born 7/27/10
    BFP #5 2/29/12 :: DD born 11/6/12

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • imageheathergirl67:

Can I butt in?  I don't get the gut reaction from your DDs pic that I get from some others.  I think it's because she's a little girl and not a baby anymore.  When I fantasized about my baby I imagined a baby.  Newborn to 1 year tops.  I don't think that I'm unusual in that.  That's why pics of newborns are so hard to handle, because it's what you've been dreaming about but has been taken from you.  Does that make sense?  Maybe it's just me. 

If I were someone who had MCd recently and had a newborn/infant I would post here if I needed support.  I just wouldn't have a pic of my baby in my siggy.  I would probably do something similar to cowgirl:  a link to a pic of my kiddo.  That way I'd be able to show off my baby while still being thoughtful of the very raw feelings of my friends on this board.

100% agree! Well put! They should definately be apart of the post. I don't think anyone is arguing that.... they could use a greater level of sensitvity though....

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"