Success after IF

um. i'm soaking my feet in breastmilk right now.

after reading hannah's post the other day re: donating BM and some of the recipients being adults that used it for skin lesions, and then the convo that followed about it being an amazing cure-all for everything from cuts to pink eye... i decided to give it a try on my jacked up feet (details in my blog but basically i have had a few toenail surgeries and my feet are still a hot mess.)

so... i dropped a frozen 2 ounce bar of BM into my hot water and epsom salts... and here i am.

i'll let you guys know how this works... it does feel a little bizarre.

ps i also called today about donating the rest of the frozen BM i have.  don't worry, i don't intend to soak in all of it ;)

AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers

My Blog

Our successful cycle was IVF #2: Microdose Lupron Flare Protocol - 2 beautiful blasts transferred.

email me: gretchela@hotmail.com

Re: um. i'm soaking my feet in breastmilk right now.

• I've heard that as well.  I hope it works for you!

Clomid M/C 8 weeks 2/08 *IVF #1-DD born 3/09
    *Surprise BFP-T18 baby lost at 13w 1/10 *FET #1-DS born 2/11
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
  • Well I hadn't thought of soaking my feet in it. But I have dabbed it on some zits and a cut to help along the healing.
  • Loading the player...
  • very cool!  hope it does wonders for you!
    Childhood cancer (DH) + chemo + radiation = 0 sperm.
    LO #1 - 1 unmedicated/self-monitored IUI w/ donor sperm.
    LO #2 - 1 m/c, 2 BFNs, 4th IUI worked (unmedicated/self-monitored with new donor sperm).
    Life is beautiful!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I guarantee this post gets a star!
  • imagerispergirl:
    I guarantee this post gets a star!

lol

thanks ladies - i'm glad others have tried or heard similar things.  talentedgirl i am so going to put BM on my zits from now on hahaha ;)

My Blog

Our successful cycle was IVF #2: Microdose Lupron Flare Protocol - 2 beautiful blasts transferred.

• imageGretchen*loves*Michael:

imagerispergirl:
    I guarantee this post gets a star!

lol

thanks ladies - i'm glad others have tried or heard similar things.  talentedgirl i am so going to put BM on my zits from now on hahaha ;)

Ok, since somebody else confessed to it I use bm on zits as well (thanks talentedgirl).  I also used it on dd when she had baby acne.

Clomid M/C 8 weeks 2/08 *IVF #1-DD born 3/09
    *Surprise BFP-T18 baby lost at 13w 1/10 *FET #1-DS born 2/11
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
  • Soak away - it's YOUR milk!  But I'm thinking try just breastmilk minus the water and epsom salts .. maybe tomorrow night.  Even though it won't be a good "soak" per se - if you can just dip your toes in and soak them (so you just thaw enough for a toe soak instead of a foot soak) - I really, really think you'll get somewhere!! 
    Wheee!

"When it comes to sleeping, whatever your baby does is normal. If one thing has damaged parents enjoyment of their babies, it's rigid expectations about how and when the baby should sleep." ~ James McKenna, Ph.D., Mother Baby Behavioral Sleep Center, University of Notre Dame

• I squeezed breastmilk into Jack's garpy eye when he had a cold ... and then forced DH to lie down when HE had pink eye and squeezed it into his eye too hahahahhaaaa!!  Did not sting, he actually couldn't even feel it AT ALL isn't that weird?   I think it helped too.  I can't remember - all seems so long ago. 
    Wheee!

"When it comes to sleeping, whatever your baby does is normal. If one thing has damaged parents enjoyment of their babies, it's rigid expectations about how and when the baby should sleep." ~ James McKenna, Ph.D., Mother Baby Behavioral Sleep Center, University of Notre Dame

• imageLucyPevensie:
    Soak away - it's YOUR milk!  But I'm thinking try just breastmilk minus the water and epsom salts .. maybe tomorrow night.  Even though it won't be a good "soak" per se - if you can just dip your toes in and soak them (so you just thaw enough for a toe soak instead of a foot soak) - I really, really think you'll get somewhere!! 

I think you should give this a try too... or maybe not even soak, just thaw and soak it up with cotton balls and dab it on.. or heck leave the cotton balls on and relax for a bit... seems like you could use less milk this way and still get a good cover. milky toes!

• The POWER of the booby juice!!!!!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Not clicking on this post would have been impossible. Smile

Hope it works, and also... the smiley picture of you and your LO is SO CUTE!

After 7 failed IUIs, IVF w/ ICSI worked!!

I am thankful every day for my miracle after infertility.

And thrilled to be pregnant again after FET!

• imagehannah&ben:

imageLucyPevensie:
    Soak away - it's YOUR milk!  But I'm thinking try just breastmilk minus the water and epsom salts .. maybe tomorrow night.  Even though it won't be a good "soak" per se - if you can just dip your toes in and soak them (so you just thaw enough for a toe soak instead of a foot soak) - I really, really think you'll get somewhere!! 

I think you should give this a try too... or maybe not even soak, just thaw and soak it up with cotton balls and dab it on.. or heck leave the cotton balls on and relax for a bit... seems like you could use less milk this way and still get a good cover. milky toes!

i think you guys may be on to something!  i'm going to try this tonight.... :)

My Blog

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"