Miscarriage/Pregnancy Loss

PLEASE STOP!!!!

2»

Re: PLEASE STOP!!!!

• imagedisbride061103:
    imageping1080:

To that end, please don't take offense but your pg tickers, baby pics, etc. are not always well received. Those of us who are grieving on this board do not like to see what we failed to have.

I DO take offense.  I am grieving my loss too and the little boy in my siggy is what gets me through my days.  I am not flaunting him, but I shouldn't have to remember to warn people that there is a picture in my siggy.

You have a beautifu little boy that you get to love and hold forever.... Many of us don't. Many of us had to send our babies to mortuaries and cemetaries. Just like walking to BRU would be painful for us--- seeing babies is equally painful regardless if it is in person or a pic. It reminds many of us (including me) of our dead babies. I don't understand how that would be difficult to get..??..  It is a slap in the face even if it is not intended to be.

Bottom line- we are asking people to be more sensitive about this. It can definately be toned down by many people.

• These should be looked at signs of hope!!

Some of us aren't ready for hope..we're still in the process of MOURNING. 

And the reality is, some of us won't go on to have children, or more children, or any children.  So, don't offer me false hope or any hope unless I ask for it.

• Loading the player...
  • imagebbetson:

I don't mind when people come here posting actual questions about possible miscarriages.  I can't imagine how scared and worried I would have been if things had been left up in the air (luckily after the first U/S it was obvious for us).  I also know that visiting the 1st trimester board would probably be extremely hard if you thought there was a good chance you'll miscarry.  So, I understand why women turn to this board.  We are very supportive, give great advice and many of us have been in those shoes.

Pictures of kids don't really bother me, either do pregnancy tickers.  If I know the mother had a miscarriage and then gave birth to a happy little baby, it gives me hope for the future.  To know that somebody who has had a m/c is having a healthy pregnancy or already had one is hope for me.  At times pictures of newborns or little ones due make me sad, but I know that eventually...that will be me.

You, my dear, seem like one of the lone voices of reason.

I was around when this board started.  We can understand how it hurts to see tickers or pictures of babies in signature pics. What we can't understand, however, is the idea that there must be some sort of criteria met in order to post.  I get being bitter or sad.  I had two losses of my own before I had my daughter. But I never felt like it was OK to turn someone away or ask someone not to post because they might still be pregnant or they might have a ticker or they might have a child's pic in their signature. This is the time when women need support, not being reprimanded because they don't fit your pregnancy loss/miscarriage mold.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"