Baby Names

Top names in 2019

I read this article in Parent's magazine this month about what names will be popular in 2019.

Girls

1. Lila

2. Peyton

3. Lucy

4. Violet

5. Aubrey

6. Amelia

7. Piper

8. Ruby

9. Juliet

10. Harper

Boys:

1. Miles

2. Rowan

3. Lincoln

4. Eli

5. Jude

6. Cooper

7. Wyatt

8. Ryder

9. Lucas

10. Henry

Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers Lilypie Second Birthday tickers Follow Me on Pinterest

Re: Top names in 2019

• Interesting.  None of them would have ever been my choice.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • I'd agree for the most part, the ones I don't see as getting so popular are Peyton, Rowan and maybe Ryder. I wonder what sort of projection method they used?
  • Loading the player...
  • A lot of those names are in my top 5, I must be ahead of the curve :)
  • Ah, apparently there is more to the storey, the creator of babynamewizard.com compiled this list, but it only includes those that are currently outside of the top 40 and her guesses at those that will rise the fastest. Link.
  • Juliet? Really? It's ranked #516 right now. That would be a huge leap! I do love that name, but can't see it being in the top 10. The rest of the names don't surprise me.
  • https://www.babynamesgarden.com/freakonomicswatch.aspx

This website tracks Freakonomics predictions for the most popular baby names of 2015. The list is completely different than the one above. They base theirs on trends among the upper class, they claim the names eventually trickle down to those with a lower socioeconomic status.

I think the list you posted is more likely to become the top 10 than what Freakonomic suggests.

• Oh poo... I really like Harper but I HATE overdone, super trendy names and it would bug me if I chose this and then it become like the new "Aiden."  Interesting, thanks for posting this!
  • and on a totally unrelated note, your daughter has the most GORGEOUS blue eyes, what a cutie!

• imagecaeliesmom:

https://www.babynamesgarden.com/freakonomicswatch.aspx

This website tracks Freakonomics predictions for the most popular baby names of 2015. The list is completely different than the one above. They base theirs on trends among the upper class, they claim the names eventually trickle down to those with a lower socioeconomic status.

I think the list you posted is more likely to become the top 10 than what Freakonomic suggests.

That's a really interesting link, and I do agree with the theory in part (Tiffany, Stephanie, etc. come to mind as names that were once high class and are now not so much). ?Some of those I can see, some seem far fetched. ?I'm not happy to see DS's name on that list. ?

the bug & bee blog
    (read it. you know you want to.)
    anderson . september 2008
    vivian . february 2010
    mabel . august 2012
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • I hope they're not right on Lila. That is one of our top names, and I don't want my daughter to have the #1 name in 10 years from now!!!!!!!

• imageFutureMrs.Steen:
    Juliet? Really? It's ranked #516 right now. That would be a huge leap! I do love that name, but can't see it being in the top 10. The rest of the names don't surprise me.

The blogger is not saying they will be in the top 10, just that these 10 names will be popular.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Pregnancy Ticker
  • imageTryingtogetpregnant:

I hope they're not right on Lila. That is one of our top names, and I don't want my daughter to have the #1 name in 10 years from now!!!!!!!

That's the same thing I thought!

Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers Lilypie Second Birthday tickers Follow Me on Pinterest
  • The girl names seem likely to me.  But the boy names I am not so sure about.  As far as boy names go, the traditional standbys seems to stay popular and you don't seem to see the dramatic changes like you do with girl names. Think David, Michael, Andrew, etc But as someone else mentioned, they aren't trying to predict the Top 10 are they? So maybe those boy names will be popular but they won't be the Top 10.
    Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
  • interesting. several of them were on our lists (including the #1 for boys, obviously!)
    How to tell my boys apart

The different types of twins and triplets

Jack, Sydney and Carynne, Annaleigh, JW, Eden...forever in our hearts.
    My blog * We made the national news!
  • Aubrey was in our top choices.
  • imageldcoffel:
    imageTryingtogetpregnant:

I hope they're not right on Lila. That is one of our top names, and I don't want my daughter to have the #1 name in 10 years from now!!!!!!!

That's the same thing I thought!

Don't worry, though. None of them will be her age or in any of her classes!  Meanwhile, I don't think this list could possibly be right. The old fashioned name trend will die, these crazy-arsed names and spellings are just getting out of control, so I'm predicting some combo of these with youneek names fused together!  Something like, I don't know Lilionia.  Emolleene. LOL

• Lyla has been my girls name ever since I saw August Rush a while back and thought oh what a unique name!  I guess not :/  Oh well, I'm still so in love with it that I don't even think this can sway me on it.
  • Our other choice for DS's name (and my choice if we ever have another boy) is on that list.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"