Stay at Home Moms

ladies, I am in need for your chili recipe!

I am preggers and craving this... want to make it... need a killer recipe... thanks!  Big Smile

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: ladies, I am in need for your chili recipe!

• I LOVE the martha stewart 30 minute chili recipe.  Super delish.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • I just use the recipe on the back of the chili packet from the grocery store!
  • Loading the player...
  • I've gotten rave reviews for this one for years!

In a dutch oven brown 1 lb of ground beef with 1 medium chopped onion and 1 tsp minced onion until beef is no longer pink.  Add to this 2 cans of petite diced tomatoes (do not drain), 1 can of tomato soup and 3 cans of chili beans.  Then add ground cumin, red pepper flakes, black pepper, garlic powder and chili powder.  I have no measurements for the spices, I just do it until I like the taste.  Then bring it to a boil, reduce heat to low, cover and simmer for 2-3 hrs.

Enjoy!!!

SAHM to DD1 (7), DS (5) and DD2 (1)
  • imagemrsnemitz:
    I just use the recipe on the back of the chili packet from the grocery store!

meee too. but i want to try it from scratch. :)

imageimageLilypie Fourth Birthday tickersLilypie Premature Baby tickers
  • I just made some yesterday in the crockpot...it was pretty good!

2 lbs. ground beef, 2 med. onions-chopped, 2 cloves garlic- chopped, 4 14oz cans of diced or crushed tomaotes (un-seasoned), 1 can tomato juice, 1 can dark kidney beans- drained, 1 tbsp. sugar, 5 tbsp. of chili powder, 1 tbsp. cumin, salt and pepper to taste.

Brown ground beef on stove first with onion.  Once beef is cooked dump ALL ingredients into the crockpot, stir and let it sit all day on low (10 hours) for best results.  I would stir it every couple hours.   

The house smelled SO good yesterday with this cooking all day...and it was pretty yummy too.  I love to top my chili with shredded cheese and sour cream...also sometime oyster crackers!!  Enjoy!!

• I was just thinking about making chili too..

I buy the Carroll Shelby's Chili Kit. It comes in a small brown paper bag looking package and it allows you to add as much or as little of the seasoning depending on how spicy you want it. Then I brown the ground beef, add it to a big pot and throw in several types of beans-it varies, pinto, white, whatever. I usually do about 3-4 cans of beans drained and then add 2 cans of diced tomatoes not drained and a can of corn drained (corn is my favorite part of this recipe). I kinda look at it to see how much tomatoe, meat, bean ration I feel like. Then add the seasoning and cook over low heat for a few hours. YUM. Then don't forget to top with minced fresh cilantro (yum again, and unique), onions, cheese and sour cream. So easy you can't mess it up. Really you can't.?

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"