Working Moms

When to wear shoes?

When did you start sending LO to daycare in shoes?
Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers Lilypie Second Birthday tickers Follow Me on Pinterest

Re: When to wear shoes?

• When they started walking.
  • imageAlisaS:
    When they started walking.

This.

• Loading the player...
  • I started putting soft sole sandals and shoes on when they started pulling themselves up and walking along the things at about 7 months.
  • We were required to send DS with closed toe shoes when he moved to the one year old room.  He was not walking yet so we sent him on Pedipeds (I loved those shoes).
  • We just started in the past week or two. It is getting chilly and he is now pulling up, cruising and standing alone. When he moves to the toddler room he will be required to wear shoes so we're trying to get him used to wearing them (he has been barefoot since the spring- before that we just sent him in socks . )
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • he is in robeez type shoes now just to keep his socks on (it's turned cold) but they don't require shoes until they are walking.

My two PCOS miracles! Lilypie Kids Birthday tickersLilypie Kids Birthday tickers
  • I put her in robeez until she was around 17 months old and moved to the toddler room, and I put her in regular shoes then.

• I started bringing them to daycare when they started playing a lot outside and he was cruising.  I started sending him in shoes everyday when he was walking and in the 12-18m room.

• DD is in a home center. I put them on her when its cool out so she won't take off her socks. Otherwise, she keeps a pair at the provider's house if they go somewhere or outside. My provider is my cousin. Her little girl fell when she was about 11 months because she tripped on her shoe and hit her eye on the edge of the coffee table. She had to have 6 stitches. The coffee table is no more, but she gets nervous about early walkers and shoes. DD is 17.5 months now and has been walking since 10 months. But she really doesn't like to wear shoes anyway (unless they are particularly flashy, such as her boots or her hot pink shoes or her sparkly red ones - I know, I'm so in for a girly-girl), so unless they are going outside, provider keeps the house warm and the floors clean.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"