Breastfeeding

Pumping ?

I am trying to pump to build a freezer stash for when I return to work in 2 weeks. I usually pump after DS eats and I only get maybe an ounce for both sides. Is that normal or should I be getting more? Is there a better time to pump? I'm having a hard time finding the time to pump at all. usually by the time he is done eating I am flying to do things like pee, eat, shower... that by the time I'm done, it's time for him to eat again. An lately I think he might be having a growth spurt because he only naps for maybe 20 mins then wants to eat again. It also seems like he is nursing longer rather than becoming more efficient and nursing for shorter periods. Could it be my supply? Can you ladies give me an example of your daily routine?

TIA!!

Re: Pumping ?

• Let's see, when LO was about your LO's age I was working on building a freezer stash for an upcoming surgery.

He would wake up (anywhere between 6-8 am) and I would nurse and then immediately after that feeding I would pump while he hung out on the couch with me (in the boppy or something...). I think I got about 2-3 oz each time, sometimes 4 if I was REALLY lucky.

When I was done we had time to play for a bit before it was nap time.That's it, I didn't try pumping again in the same day.

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • When B was that age I pumped twice a day. Our routine was that he would eat anywhere from 6-8AM and when he was done I would pump the other breast. He would feed every 2-3 hours during the day and then at his last feeding of the night I would pump the other breast. I probably got 4-5oz each time I pumped.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"