Alabama Babies

NBR: Help me with Paint Color

I am trying to decide what color to paint the dining room in our next house.  Right now, our DR has red walls and I am sooo sick of red so I want to do something different.  All of our DR furniture is dark wood...chairs have chocolate leather on them.  We have a long table, 8 chairs and a china cabinet.  I want to do something fresh and new, but it needs to go with the colors in the rest of the house...most of which is a light, buttery yellow color, the kitchen also has a coffee kind of color...  The DR in the new house is a gold color which I really do not like at all. 

So, what color do you think would look good with our furniture, flow with the rest of the colors and look good in the space?

Here is a pic of our DR furniture as it is with the red paint:

And here is the DR in the new house:

Re: NBR: Help me with Paint Color

• One more thing...notice that wood floors in the new house are really light so that needs to be taken into consideration too!  Thanks!!!
  • I can't see the first picture.  I'm going to try and dig up the picture of our dining room after we painted.  Our floors and furniture are similar. 
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    BabyFruit Ticker

m/c 05/2009
    DD born 8/9/10
    TTC #2 since 8/2012
    CP 12/2012
    dx MFI 10/2013
    Surprise BFP 11/6/2013  EDD 7/19/2014
    Beta #1 15 dpo HCG 355 Prog 30.9
    Beta #2 22 dpo HCG 8147 Prog 18.8
    Beta #3 29 dpo HCG 44580 Prog 29.8

• Loading the player...
  • Hmm..you could go with a neutral color or a light brown.
  • I love Red!!! My kitchen is red and I love love love it!
    Erin~N~Gregg 6/30/07 Project 365 imageCafeMom Tickers
  • Here's what our dining room looks like.  Our furniture isn't quite as dark as yours, but the floors are almost the same color.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    BabyFruit Ticker

m/c 05/2009
    DD born 8/9/10
    TTC #2 since 8/2012
    CP 12/2012
    dx MFI 10/2013
    Surprise BFP 11/6/2013  EDD 7/19/2014
    Beta #1 15 dpo HCG 355 Prog 30.9
    Beta #2 22 dpo HCG 8147 Prog 18.8
    Beta #3 29 dpo HCG 44580 Prog 29.8

• I'm no help here, lol!  I love that color and I think it would look really good with your furniture.  You could decorate it with a teal/funky blue color table runner and accessories....those 2 colors play really nice together. 

• I really like that color too but if you don't like it then we'll have to find something else, huh? 

What about sort of a grey/blue/teal color?  Also the interior  market place has some great paint colors in their boutiques and they have them written down if you wanted to copy them?

or I found this that is a lighter color with a green hue to it.  The floors in this picture are light like yours.  Pottery Barn catalog has benjamin moore paint colors listed in their catalog that are in the rooms - that's always nice.

• Thanks ladies!  Several people have recommended a teal-like color, but I'm not sure I could go that bold...and I don't think Jim would agree to it!  And, yes, I really hate that mustard color.  Not sure why...lots of people mentioned liking it...I just don't.  It looks date to me or something.  Anyway, I was kinda thinking a shade of green, like sage, but I really like that green that you posted, Sarah.  I'm playing around right now on the SW website.  It's really cool b/c you can choose a room similar to your own and then drag and drop different colors onto the walls.  It's awesome!  Thanks for the suggestions!  I'm going to try them all out on the website!
  • well the color I mentioned the gray/blue/teal would be really muted - well what I'm envisioning at least. 
  • Maybe a grey/blue, dusty blue color.
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"