North Carolina Babies
Options

Possible flu...?

John has had a fever since Sunday. Started out around 100 and has gone up as high as 102.5 yesterday. We went to the pedi yesterday and they confirmed that yes, he does have a fever and a virus. His symptoms are "flu like" but they aren't putting a lot of faith in their flu test since they have gotten a lot of false pos/neg readings lately. However, given that daycare told me this morning when I called that there has been a confirmed case in his room I'm thinking it *could* be flu. So far, no vomiting or diarreha just the fever and some congestion. I'm trying to just keep him comfy and happy and let the fever work it's magic. Only giving motrin/tylenol at night. He is eating and drinking pretty normally so that's a good thing. I called the pedi back this morning after talking to daycare for any other information and she said there really isn't much to do other than what I am already doing unless he starts vomiting or stops eating and drinking.

Anything else I should be on the look out for?

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: Possible flu...?

• Options
    It's been so long since I've had the flu it's hard to remember, but isn't one of the main symptoms the achiness and general feeling like death warmed over?  Does he act like he feels ok, or just totally not like himself?  IDK, I would think just fever and congestion wouldn't be the flu.  I know there's something going around, there are some kids out in Eli's daycare with vomiting and diarrhea, but no confirmed cases of the flu.  And Jennifer's AT is sick, but just a virus. 

Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers

Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options
    SB - Just sent you an email.
    image AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers

***Baby #3: BFP Mother

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    Nothing else you should look for. Is there a reason you're not medicating his fever during the day? It doesn't hurt anything to give him something for fever-it's more risky not to medicate a high fever (i.e. risk of febrile seizures). Plus, he'd probably feel a lot better if his fever wasn't so high. Sorry-just a nurses' perspective! :)
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"